Facebook's cryptocurrency — Libra — is official.

https://www.androidcentral.com/facebooks-libra-cryptocurrency-will-launch-first-half-2020

Do you trust the company enough to use Libra when it's available next year?
    06-18-2019 07:52 AM
    I don't use crypto-currency, period.
    06-18-2019 08:33 AM
    Nope.
    J Dubbs likes this.
    06-18-2019 09:39 PM
    In the words of Consuela from Family Guy; "No.... Nooooooooooo!
    J Dubbs and B. Diddy like this.
    06-19-2019 08:32 AM
    I don't even use Facebook Messenger on my devices, you think I'm going to involve them in my finances?1
    J Dubbs likes this.
    06-19-2019 08:34 AM
    I don't even use Facebook Messenger on my devices, you think I'm going to involve them in my finances?1
    Agreed.
    J Dubbs likes this.
    06-19-2019 01:29 PM
    Exactly!
    J Dubbs likes this.
    06-19-2019 08:39 PM
    After reading some of the docs, this actually looks OK after Facebook becomes just a player on the leveled field.
    06-20-2019 12:08 AM
    I respect Facebook, but I would never use its cryptocurrency!
    02-17-2021 06:13 AM
    Hi , welcome to AC!
    02-17-2021 10:15 AM
    I don't respect Facebook, and most definitely would NEVER use it's cryptocurrency, or anything else connected to them lol.
    02-18-2021 08:41 AM
    Personally I don't have any trust in Facebook, nor in Zuckerberg, Sanders, or any of the upper management there.
    Facebook does have a really, really useful aspect, providing a link between people that they might not otherwise be able to do without a lot of effort, but it also has a very dangerous aspect to society -- it's also an easy way for some very divisive, extremist people to share and nurture their hate, anger, and intentional misinformation.
    It's a matter of weighing Facebook's benefits vs drawbacks, and I tend to think the drawbacks are just too flagrant. In a more just world Facebook would regulate itself and clean up but if there's profit to be made Zuckerberg will put that over any overall benefit to society. He prefers to Facebook to be massively profitable, not just really profitable.
    J Dubbs likes this.
    02-18-2021 10:33 AM
    Personally I don't have any trust in Facebook, nor in Zuckerberg, Sanders, or any of the upper management there.
    Facebook does have a really, really useful aspect, providing a link between people that they might not otherwise be able to do without a lot of effort, but it also has a very dangerous aspect to society -- it's also an easy way for some very divisive, extremist people to share and nurture their hate, anger, and intentional misinformation.
    It's a matter of weighing Facebook's benefits vs drawbacks, and I tend to think the drawbacks are just too flagrant. In a more just world Facebook would regulate itself and clean up but if there's profit to be made Zuckerberg will put that over any overall benefit to society. He prefers to Facebook to be massively profitable, not just really profitable.
    The problem is that who gets to decide “just” and then censorship. It’s always perspective and opinion. Extremism and enthusiasm are pretty similar depending on your opinions and perspective compared with crowd or mob you’re surrounded by.

Tolerance of difference is what’s supposed to be accepted. Tolerance and inclusiveness seem to be demanded and rejected simultaneously by the same people at the same time. To kill Facebook or any other social media platform is killing the proverbial messenger. It’s better to remember the vocal minority doesn’t represent the silent majority.

To get thread back on track, I don’t think Facebook cryptocurrency is anything more or less trustworthy due to Facebook involvement
    02-18-2021 01:46 PM
    I don't trust Facebook period.
    02-18-2021 05:39 PM
    This, I deleted my friends list and stopped using the platform last May.
    J Dubbs likes this.
    02-18-2021 08:53 PM
    Completely agree. They have proven over and over again they are not trustworthy.
    J Dubbs likes this.
    02-18-2021 09:04 PM
    I'm with you guys on this or any soc media but im forced as lot of friends and family use this to communicate with me especially in different states.
    J Dubbs likes this.
    02-18-2021 09:07 PM
    So it looks like so far Facebook is overwhelmingly NOT trusted or used by the majority of responders here. That backs up what I've been reading about how the general public feels about them. The only people I know who use Fakebook use it out of necessity, not because they want to, like Mustang said
    06-16-2021 04:05 AM
    Yeah absolutely not Facebook demonstrates everytime there lack of care about users. So trusting them and using there platform with crypto currency that alone big no !!

Bitcoin & ethereum most viable this year though it's a sand dune,Could go any where !
    07-24-2021 07:23 PM
    01-02-2022 12:22 AM