call blockers

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

[Deleted content]

I am looking for a call blocker that will prevent a blacklisted number from ringing through.

I have a Samsung S6. I have tried other call blockers and have been dissatisfied for a number of reasons--either too many ads or 'blocked' numbers still ringing three or four times.

searching on the Internet I came across several that seemed acceptable, such as Safest Call Blocker, but further interest gives me a window that says "the app is not found on Google Play."

Any one have a recommendation for a call blocker that will actually block calls...stop them dead, no rings. I don't mind buying the app to be shut of ads but I don't want a yearly subscription. Free would be best and simple welcome--set it and forget it.

Last edited by a moderator:

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
You named a member in your post and I don't know why. I've deleted accordingly.

Please register as a member, and explain why you did that. Then perhaps we can consider your question.

DWFII

Oct 7, 2016
Visit site
I don't understand. I am a member. I just couldn't find a link to log in with this new (relative to the last time I posted here) interface.

AAFAIK, I didn't reference anyone else. Why would I? The question I posted was precisely as it appears above...no additional content.

So, now my question won't be answered, eh?

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
I don't understand. I am a member. I just couldn't find a link to log in with this new (relative to the last time I posted here) interface.

AAFAIK, I didn't reference anyone else. Why would I? The question I posted was precisely as it appears above...no additional content.

So, now my question won't be answered, eh?
You posted without logging in, and for some reason mentioned your own username. No-one here could know that you were doing that. The post seemed to be from a guest poster, trying to attract an existing member's attention perhaps. It seemed odd and perhaps slightly suspect so I made deletions accordingly. The deletions amounted to several lines of text. I don't see how you can have looked at your post after sending it, since you would have seen them.

Yes, members may well answer your question if they can.

DWFII

Oct 7, 2016
Visit site
The deletions are not an issue.

In point of fact, I did look at my post after I had entered it. And it seemed fine. In point of fact, I copied and pasted it from a saved bit of text.

Beyond that if you don't want people to post anonymously, why do you allow it? I administer a discussion forum myownself. Every piece of forum software I have ever seen allows admins and mods the option to close off anonymous posting.

As for answering the question...I'm not optimistic at this point.

Thank you.

Last edited:

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Does your phone have a built in blocking option? That's rather common nowadays. For example, when I get a spam call, I go into the recent calls list and long press the number. That pops up a menu, including a block option. When that number calls again, it doesn't even register on my phone. That's on my LG V20, but I suspect the S6 would have a similar ability.

DWFII

Oct 7, 2016
Visit site
@mooncat Thank you for taking the time to answer...

The S6 does have the option to block calls but when a call comes in from a blocked or blacklisted number it rings at least 4 times before the phone hangs up on the caller. It's annoying.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site

The S6 does have the option to block calls but when a call comes in from a blocked or blacklisted number it rings at least 4 times before the phone hangs up on the caller. It's annoying.
I wonder if there's a glitch, then, because that shouldn't be expected of an OEM built in function. I wish I could help more, but I've never used third party blockers.

One common suggestion is to set the phone to "do not disturb" at all times, then white list your contacts. That may be a suitable work around.

ManiacJoe

Trusted Member
Aug 5, 2015
Visit site

That behavior would mean that the call blocking is not happening at all. After 4 rings the call will naturally go to voicemail unless you have asked your carrier to lengthen the ring time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38