Unable to turn off S8 emergency alerts

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

First off, I appreciate the sensitivity of this question and wish to state up front I support the requirement for emergency alerts. However, there are situations where I am better able to accommodate a noiseless text alert.

Recently, despite all settings for emergency alerts being turned off in Messages, my Samsung S8 sounds the blast for all emergency alerts. As well, even though the reminder feature is turned off, I also receive at least 2 additional reminders/blasts. All this is incredibly disruptive, oftentimes requiring me to turn my phone off altogether, which removes any ability to contribute to an urgent situation.

I am writing from Canada thus the unavoidable Presidential alerts do not apply.

I have spoken with Samsung and my service provider and have been advised to perform a factory reset. Is this the only option available to try? Are there other solutions?

Thank you.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
First off, I appreciate the sensitivity of this question and wish to state up front I support the requirement for emergency alerts. However, there are situations where I am better able to accommodate a noiseless text alert.

Recently, despite all settings for emergency alerts being turned off in Messages, my Samsung S8 sounds the blast for all emergency alerts. As well, even though the reminder feature is turned off, I also receive at least 2 additional reminders/blasts. All this is incredibly disruptive, oftentimes requiring me to turn my phone off altogether, which removes any ability to contribute to an urgent situation.

I am writing from Canada thus the unavoidable Presidential alerts do not apply.

I have spoken with Samsung and my service provider and have been advised to perform a factory reset. Is this the only option available to try? Are there other solutions?

Thank you.
Hi, if you can register a account here, me or other members be happy to assist you.
I'll provide a link to register so you can communicate here.
https://forums.androidcentral.com/ask-question/409154-join-android-central-community.html

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad