Phone unusable, constantly reuturning to home screen.

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Kind of a strange issue: any time I try to open any app on my phone, my phone immediately returns to the first page of my home screen. I can't open the options, make calls or text, or even scroll to the second page of my home screen- it just immediately returns to the first page of home. Interestingly, I can access the drop-down menu, but if I pick any setting and tap on "more settings" or click the gear to access the options I just get immediately sent back to the home screen. Prior to this issue occurring, I had just updated my eset security app, so I have a feeling that it's somehow responsible, but I'm not sure how to test this hypothesis or fix the issue.

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
What device? Some allow you to wipe the cache partition, but to get you directions we need to know which device. Knowing what device you have may also clue us in to other possible causes. One thing you could also do is try safe mode and see if the issue persists. If it does not, it's some app (like eset that you mentioned) that's causing it, and you could uninstall that app to see if it resolves the issue.

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Android Central.