how to backup the Samsung One UI Launcher?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

With Nova, it was easy to backup and it was part of the launcher. I want to backup the One UI Launcher using the US version of Samsung Galaxy S9+.

How to back it up?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site

cyclone3211

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. I looked at a backup in SmartSwitch and the only thing I found which was close was HomeScreen that end up to be an exml file. What I wanted to do was have a backup of my screens like I would be able to get with Nova.

Any suggestions on how I would get the same thing as in Nova?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. I looked at a backup in SmartSwitch and the only thing I found which was close was HomeScreen that end up to be an exml file. What I wanted to do was have a backup of my screens like I would be able to get with Nova.

Any suggestions on how I would get the same thing as in Nova?
It's in smartswitch
Also Samsung cloud on the phone 20190730_203440.jpeg

Chieftaing

Sep 2, 2020
Visit site
Just use Samsung cloud on S9+ to restore all screens. I figured it would never work - but it did! Pschyed! The home screens got wiped out by a weird crash. Phone just rebooted and came back with no home screens! If u are in the Samsung-verse, get samsung cloud and backups going right away.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Just use Samsung cloud on S9+ to restore all screens. I figured it would never work - but it did! Pschyed! The home screens got wiped out by a weird crash. Phone just rebooted and came back with no home screens! If u are in the Samsung-verse, get samsung cloud and backups going right away.
Hi, welcome!
Smart switch is great
Samsung cloud is flawless back up , but Samsung looks like going ditch it for one drive

Chieftaing

Sep 2, 2020
Visit site
Thx! Google says switching to onedrive for photos etc but apps & settings stay in Samsung cloud (for now anyway).

I thought smart switch applies only to new phone case? Can I use smart seitch if my phone looses app settings?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Thx! Google says switching to onedrive for photos etc but apps & settings stay in Samsung cloud (for now anyway).

I thought smart switch applies only to new phone case? Can I use smart seitch if my phone looses app settings?
No as you see my screen shot above was using my s9+ at the time , app data should be back up but don't recall.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol