New LG-G7 Thinq using Nova Launcher. Previously notifications for all apps were working. I disabled a few then no notifications were working on any apps. Looking around in settings I got some to work, but still not all working and they are important to me (like Skybell notification of motion at my door). I went into the notifications in settings and enabled "all apps". I went into the specific app and enabled notifications. I restarted phone. I restarted Nova Launcher. Any other suggestions? Thanks.
    07-30-2019 08:24 PM
    New LG-G7 Thinq using Nova Launcher. Previously notifications for all apps were working. I disabled a few then no notifications were working on any apps. Looking around in settings I got some to work, but still not all working and they are important to me (like Skybell notification of motion at my door). I went into the notifications in settings and enabled "all apps". I went into the specific app and enabled notifications. I restarted phone. I restarted Nova Launcher. Any other suggestions? Thanks.
    Hi , thanks for registering, welcome to AC forums.

Have you double checked in nova settings for notifications?
    07-30-2019 08:37 PM
    I am using Nova Launcher free(not prime) and have enabled status bar notifications under "lock and feel". Is there somewhere else I should be looking? I get some notifications but some apps no longer have notifications that show up.
    07-30-2019 09:47 PM
    I am using Nova Launcher free(not prime) and have enabled status bar notifications under "lock and feel". Is there somewhere else I should be looking? I get some notifications but some apps no longer have notifications that show up.
    Go into your settings for the phone tap apps>3 Dots upper right corner tap>special access>notification access make sure Nova toggle on.
    Screenshot I'll provideNotifications not working on some apps on my LG-G7 Thinq.-screenshot_20190730-221209_settings.jpeg
    07-30-2019 10:13 PM
    i toggled Nova Launcher on as described. I still do not get notifications for some of my apps. Thanks for the info. Any other possibilities?
    07-31-2019 12:55 PM
    i toggled Nova Launcher on as described. I still do not get notifications for some of my apps. Thanks for the info. Any other possibilities?
    Welcome to the forums. Nova launcher only controls how notifications display on the home screen. Are you talking about the notification badges or the sounds and status bar icons when you receive a new notification?
    mustang7757 likes this.
    07-31-2019 01:00 PM
    I am talking about the status bar icons and the sounds that usually accompany them, although I don't get the badges either. I get some status bar and sound notifications, like gmail, but I am not getting others, such as my Skybell notification when someone is at my door or facebook notifications.
    07-31-2019 01:16 PM
    I am talking about the status bar icons and the sounds that usually accompany them, although I don't get the badges either. I get some status bar and sound notifications, like gmail, but I am not getting others, such as my Skybell notification when someone is at my door or facebook notifications.
    Those notifications are not controlled by Nova, or any other custom launcher. You need to check your general settings for those particular apps.
    07-31-2019 01:33 PM
    Can also try reset app preference, to do that go into phone settings >apps >3 dots upper right corner >scroll to reset app preference
    See if that helps .
    07-31-2019 01:40 PM
    Also check the apps you're not getting notifications for. Go to the app's Settings and make sure the app is set to send notifications. If it doesn't send them you don't get them.
    07-31-2019 04:26 PM
    Solved! Determined that when I restored from old phone's memory card the permissions for Skybell were not restored. I had to reinstall Skybell app and give permissions. Thanks for everyone's help. I learned some things I did not know about my phone settings.
    Javier P likes this.
    08-02-2019 06:04 PM