I don't know which phone is this my friends gave it to me for unlock but i can't acces in recovery mode for hard reset
    07-31-2019 06:52 PM
    I don't know which phone is this my friends gave it to me for unlock but i can't acces in recovery mode for hard reset
    Hi , if you can register a account here , me or other members be happy to assist.

I'll provide a link to register so you can communicate here.https://forums.androidcentral.com/sh...d.php?t=409154
    07-31-2019 07:06 PM
    07-31-2019 07:06 PM
    Welcome to Android Central. I'm afraid it will be quite difficult to help you if you can't tell us which device you have... The steps for getting into Bootloader Mode/Recovery are usually pretty standard using the physical buttons of the device, however this may not be necessary if you are simply trying to unlock the device for use on another network and actually taking it into the retailer/carrier to have it unlocked for use on their service may be the easiest thing to do to solve both issues. I have never had taken a device in for carrier switching but I don't believe it involves a factory reset but if you were to take it to a carrier they should know what it is, be able to factory reset it for you, and get you up on their network. So in short just take to whomever you are planning to use and ask them for help. They want your business so I highly believe they will help you.

Two things however,
    One you should be able to reset the device from the settings menu. If you have access to the device there is a reset option in the settings.

Two in the about phone section of the settings it should have a model number or other identifiable number there that would indicate what device you have.

To reply to this thread please sign-up for an account and become a member of AC Forums. In your reply please include any information you found in the about phone section of the device, any other questions you have or any additional information you feel would help us be able to offer you advice.
    07-31-2019 07:14 PM
    The phone was jointly owned by several friends, it was locked for some reason, they could not unlock it for some reason, so they gave it to you to unlock it? None of that seems very plausible, but it's what you're saying or implying in your question. Please explain.
    VidJunky likes this.
    07-31-2019 07:37 PM
    The phone was jointly owned by several friends, it was locked for some reason, they could not unlock it for some reason, so they gave it to you to unlock it? None of that seems very plausible, but it's what you're saying or implying in your question. Please explain.
    See you read the question differently than I did... Put your way and reading it again... I still don't see why they wouldn't be able to access the factory reset options... Of course they wouldn't be able to use the phone even if they did without the account information. It's just a paperweight at that point. The odd thing to me was not knowing what device it was. How do you not know what phone it is? But on that note I have a friend or two that use the smaller companies, like Boost and others, where phones seem to not have names or are so obscure that even if you knew the name no one would have heard of it, so I kind of dismissed this. I guess we'll see if they reply, but I feel what you're implying and I bet you're right.
    belodion likes this.
    07-31-2019 08:57 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! The first thing to do is to ask your friend which phone this is. If your friend doesn't know, then I'd wonder where he or she got it from -- if it's stolen property, then you're also liable if you get caught with it.
    07-31-2019 10:51 PM
    ^ It's friends, not friend.
    You cannot give something to someone unless you have legal or at least moral entitlement to it. You can perform the action, but it would not be giving in the eyes of the law. So, if we are to believe the OP, we have to believe that the phone was owned by at least two people, which seems implausible.
    08-01-2019 01:08 PM
    In order to do anything in recovovery mode, you need the Google login and password - which you probably also don't have - so what you now have is an expensive paper weight. It's called Factory Reset Protection, and there's no way around it. And read post number 7 again. If that "friend" can't give you the login and password, give the phone back. (If someone dies because his phone was stolen, and he couldn't call for help, that's manslaughter, a serious felony - and no cellphone is worth that.)
    08-01-2019 02:19 PM
    ^ It's friends, not friend.
    Ah, so a group of friends -- a gang, as it were.
    belodion and VidJunky like this.
    08-01-2019 06:33 PM