An unknown app is grabbing the screen when some phone calls come in. It has a reddish screen showing the number calling and a photo if the caller is known. It blanks when touched, then displays again. It is very annoying. Any ideas what it might be? I have several hundred apps on my Pixel 3XL so removing them one at a time is not viable, especially, since this occurs only for some calls and not others.

Thanks
    -Herschel
    08-01-2019 09:34 AM
    An unknown app is grabbing the screen when some phone calls come in. It has a reddish screen showing the number calling and a photo if the caller is known. It blanks when touched, then displays again. It is very annoying. Any ideas what it might be? I have several hundred apps on my Pixel 3XL so removing them one at a time is not viable, especially, since this occurs only for some calls and not others.

Thanks
    -Herschel
    Hi , if you can register a account here , me or other members be happy to assist.

I'll provide a link to register so you can communicate here.
    https://forums.androidcentral.com/as...community.html
    08-01-2019 09:36 AM
    I am now registered... thanks. I was able to finally get a screen capture. Does anyone recognize this app?Phone app being grabbed by an unknown app-phone.jpg
    08-01-2019 10:00 AM
    I am now registered... thanks. I was able to finally get a screen capture. Does anyone recognize this app?Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Phone.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	53.4 KB 
ID:	306144
    Thanks for registering!
    Welcome to the forums!

Is it like a chat head pop up ?
    What phone is this happening on ?
    08-01-2019 10:08 AM
    When some calls come in, I get this screen. Other calls have standard phone screen. This is a Pixel 3XL. If I try to touch the screen, it blanks out, then redisplays.
    08-01-2019 10:09 AM
    When some calls come in, I get this screen. Other calls have standard phone screen. This is a Pixel 3XL. If I try to touch the screen, it blanks out, then redisplays.
    Yeah that's a pop up feature , let me see if you can disable it
    08-01-2019 10:12 AM
    Makes it hard to get to keypad! Often when a call needs a keypress, they hang up before I can display the keypad.
    08-01-2019 10:15 AM
    You can try long press dialer app >tap info >scroll all the way down to appear over other apps and toggle it off , should prevent that chat head pop.up
    08-01-2019 10:17 AM
    Thanks - I just toggled it off. I'll wait for some calls to come in.

Appreciate the help!
    08-01-2019 10:31 AM
    Thanks - I just toggled it off. I'll wait for some calls to come in.

Appreciate the help!
    Your welcome , let me know.
    08-01-2019 10:32 AM
    Looked like it was working, then a call came in with the pop-up. Several calls were normal.
    08-01-2019 10:30 PM
    Looked like it was working, then a call came in with the pop-up. Several calls were normal.
    Just 1 pop up ?
    08-01-2019 10:32 PM
    Phone rings, screen goes dark until answered, then the redish screen appears... Eventually, I can get a small menu which includes return to call, and I can get back to standard dialer app. Often that is too late to enter a number for a menu entry...
    08-02-2019 10:04 AM
    Phone rings, screen goes dark until answered, then the redish screen appears... Eventually, I can get a small menu which includes return to call, and I can get back to standard dialer app. Often that is too late to enter a number for a menu entry...
    But it happened to 1 caller ,rest been fine ?
    I don't think other then the option I gave can do anything else.
    08-02-2019 10:10 AM
    Not enough calls to tell yet. Since it sometimes is fine, it's a very difficult thing to track down. I was hoping someone might recognize the screen...

Thanks for the info!
    08-02-2019 10:18 AM