MotoG4 stopped taking photos. Fixed it with factory reset, now having same problem again. Need help.

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

My wife has a Moto G4. The other day, when she tried to take a picture with the camera app, a message would pop up that read "Your internal storage is running out of space. Delete some images or other files." So I cleared her cache, which freed up a lot of space, like 8-10 gigs or thereabouts. That did nothing.
So this morning, my wife did a factory reset, as after I did some reading online, that seemed to be one of the most common solutions. Still nothing.

So then, per a helpful redditor's suggestion, I did a factory reset again, but took out the memory card first. And bam! That worked!
For about three days.
Now it's having the same issue. It won't take screenshots or save photos from the Internet or ones she is sent either.

For some reason, she can take photos and videos within a Facebook Messenger conversation.

What else could we do? I feel like this must have a simple solution that I'm just not aware of.

Thanks in advance for any and all help!

A

Android Central Question

My wife has a Moto G4. The other day, when she tried to take a picture with the camera app, a message would pop up that read "Your internal storage is running out of space. Delete some images or other files." So I cleared her cache, which freed up a lot of space, like 8-10 gigs or thereabouts. That did nothing.
So this morning, my wife did a factory reset, as after I did some reading online, that seemed to be one of the most common solutions. Still nothing.

So then, per a helpful redditor's suggestion, I did a factory reset again, but took out the memory card first. And bam! That worked!
For about three days.
Now it's having the same issue. It won't take screenshots or save photos from the Internet or ones she is sent either.

For some reason, she can take photos and videos within a Facebook Messenger conversation.

What else could we do? I feel like this must have a simple solution that I'm just not aware of.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site

For about three days.

I'll provide a link to register so you can communicate here.https://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=409154

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome