Why does my battery still die when I charge it?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Sometimes my battery dies even though I plug it in. I don't know if it's the charger I'm using or something on my tablet, but is there any way to stop this? I have an RCA Android go edition tablet.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Sometimes my battery dies even though I plug it in. I don't know if it's the charger I'm using or something on my tablet, but is there any way to stop this? I have an RCA Android go edition tablet.
Hi, welcome to AC forums, me or other members would be happy to assist you but if we need to ask additional questions you'll need to register as a member to respond . I'll provide a link to register so you can reply and communicate with us .https://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=409154

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
That simply means that the tablet is using more power than it's set to take from the charger. That usually happens when the battery is bad - which can happen quickly if you let it drop to below 40% regularly. At 40%, either charge it or turn it off. Lithium batteries are not deep-discharge batteries. A deep discharge battery of the power in that tab would weigh over 2 pounds - just for the battery. (And you'd still be shortening the life if you let it drain all the way.)

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Also, what are you plugging the tablet into for charging? If you're plugging it into a computer USB port, that doesn't supply much power, so active usage of the tablet while charging could easily outstrip the charging rate.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
It it's like the RCA Voyager tablet we got for my daughter, it may have a USB port and dedicated power port. I think the dedicated port takes a faster charge, so give that a try. Usually this sort of problem is due to a defective USB cable, so you can try replacing that as well.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87