Wi-fi connected to Note 2, internet works, phone doesn't

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Using a Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (yes, I know it's a dinosaur, so am I). I have wi-fi connection, and the internet feature works fine, but I'm unable to make or receive calls or texts via wi-fi. Settings checked multiple times, and are correct. Phone and text work fine when within range of towers, but not via wifi when out of tower range. Any thoughts? Thanks!

Casey Cheung

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
Using a Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (yes, I know it's a dinosaur, so am I). I have wi-fi connection, and the internet feature works fine, but I'm unable to make or receive calls or texts via wi-fi. Settings checked multiple times, and are correct. Phone and text work fine when within range of towers, but not via wifi when out of tower range. Any thoughts? Thanks!

Wow! That was my first Samsung phone ages ago! I enjoyed those days.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Is the phone from Tracfone, or did you get it from somewhere else? On some phones, the wi-fi calling feature might not work if you're not on the carrier that the phone was originally from.

taffylover

Aug 13, 2019
Visit site
The phone was NOT purchased from Tracfone , but has been used effectively in other locations. Others in same house have used the wi-fi calling on their phones in the problem location (friend's home). Doesn't make sense to me that my phone works elsewhere, and can access internet in the problem location, while others' phones work fine there.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scout13fox