My wife has a new S10 but I can't get the phone to "report" to the home security system when it enters or leaves the geofence area. I have turned on location visibility and have the security app listed on notifications. What else do I need to do?
    08-23-2019 11:28 AM
    Hi, welcome to Android Forums

I'd like to recommend creating a account so me or other members can assist you, as guest have limitations in replying here and if we need further Information to communicate with you.

I'll provide a link to register, please come back to your post so we can further assist you . Thank you

https://forums.androidcentral.com/sh...d.php?t=409154
    08-23-2019 11:29 AM
    This is a camera security app?
    08-23-2019 11:29 AM
    My wife has a new S10 but I can't get the phone to "report" to the home security system when it enters or leaves the geofence area. I have turned on location visibility and have the security app listed on notifications. What else do I need to do?
    usually you need to go to the specific security system app and set the notifications settings for specific features. then make sure the app itself has notifications turned on.

however for more specific help, you need to mention with security system you have for specific steps.
    ManiacJoe likes this.
    08-23-2019 11:39 AM
    No, this is a std home security system that monitors doors, windows, etc. but not cameras, yet.
    08-25-2019 10:39 AM
    Ok. I have an account now. Here are some of the specifics of the problem.
    I have and Abode home security system. It establishes a geofence around my house that keeps track of the coming and going of phones (and their owners). I have a Pixel 2XL which is always recognized when it leaves and when I arrive. Previously, my wife had a Galaxy S9 which worked fine reporting to security system. Last month, my wife upgraded to a new Galaxy S10. I followed Abode guidance about removing her old phone, and sending her email a new invite to join the phone to the security system which she accepted. So when I log into the security system, it sees both phones but says that only my phone (Pixel 2XL) is reporting.
    08-25-2019 10:46 AM
    Ok. I have an account now. Here are some of the specifics of the problem.
    I have and Abode home security system. It establishes a geofence around my house that keeps track of the coming and going of phones (and their owners). I have a Pixel 2XL which is always recognized when it leaves and when I arrive. Previously, my wife had a Galaxy S9 which worked fine reporting to security system. Last month, my wife upgraded to a new Galaxy S10. I followed Abode guidance about removing her old phone, and sending her email a new invite to join the phone to the security system which she accepted. So when I log into the security system, it sees both phones but says that only my phone (Pixel 2XL) is reporting.
    Maybe the app needs to be updated on hers? Can you see if same version on both?
    08-25-2019 10:56 AM