My android drives me nuts, on the phone app, it opens up to a speed dial page that keeps automatically adding people I call. What I want is a phone, that looks line a phone with a dialer, not speed dial. The only way to get to the phone, (dialer), is to press a small pink icon. Soooooo stupid. Is there anyway to make my phone a phone?
    08-24-2019 01:17 AM
    Hi, welcome to Android Forums

I'd like to recommend creating a account so me or other members can assist you, as guest have limitations in replying here and if we need further Information to communicate with you.

I'll provide a link to register, please come back to your post so we can further assist you . Thank you

https://forums.androidcentral.com/sh...d.php?t=409154
    08-24-2019 01:31 AM
    Which phone your having a issue?
    08-24-2019 01:31 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! It's pretty standard for dialer apps to default to one of the main tabs (Voicemail, Recents/Call Log, Contacts, Favorites). None that I've seen have an option to default to the dialpad -- you almost always have to tap the dialpad icon. That icon should be pretty prominent and obvious, though -- how small is yours? Show us a screenshot: http://forums.androidcentral.com/gen...d-central.html. You'll have to register first.
    08-24-2019 02:42 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! It's pretty standard for dialer apps to default to one of the main tabs (Voicemail, Recents/Call Log, Contacts, Favorites). None that I've seen have an option to default to the dialpad -- you almost always have to tap the dialpad icon. That icon should be pretty prominent and obvious, though -- how small is yours? Show us a screenshot: http://forums.androidcentral.com/gen...d-central.html. You'll have to register first.
    If the op has a Bixby button, it can be mapped to open the dialer. Very convenient.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    08-24-2019 07:00 AM
    There used to be an app called Simple Dialer Widget that was a quick shortcut to the dialer, but it was removed from the Play Store a while ago (although it's apparently still available as an apk on some sites -- install at your own risk).
    08-24-2019 01:48 PM