IPService Keeps Stopping

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

My phone is a Samsung A8 and I I've had it for 10 months I think and I'm only just now getting a pop up notification on the bottom of my screen every 30 seconds, sometimes every couple minutes saying "IPService Keeps Stopping"

How do I fix it?

FlFarmGirl79

Apr 9, 2020
Visit site
I have looked everywhere and have not been able to fix this. It's driving me CRAZY! It pops up ALL THE TIME, I can not do anything on my phone!

I have a Note 9 running Android 10 and the problem started 3 days ago.

I can not turn off notifications for this app, it shows them as on but I can not move the slider.

I have forced stop the app, cleared cache, cleared data, power off, reboot to menu, wiped cache partition, checked for updates, updated PRL, updated Profile. NOTHING HAS WORKED!

Also, in App Notifications, it shows that Android System is giving me this alert, not IPService app. Prior it showed SystemUI as giving this notification.

I'M GOING CRAZY!
NEED HELP!

FlFarmGirl79

Apr 9, 2020
Visit site
Ok, I will look into Smart Switch but I'm not factory resetting the phone as there are documented cases online that master reset was done and the pop up is still occurring. And if I have to set up this phone again AND that pop up is still there, I might just loose my mind!

I did a master reset recently my becausethe phone randomly turning off and it turned out my fingerprint sensor had gotten wet and all I needed was to disable it until it was dry so I'm just not ready to jump into all that again.

FlFarmGirl79

Apr 9, 2020
Visit site
So just FYI, when I go to Settings, Notifications, Apps, Show System Apps, sort by most frequent, Android System comes up with 154 notifications a day at the top. IPService doesn't show any.

Another time I came in here, System UI was listed as the top when sorted by Most Recent.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I think the reason why Android System comes up so often is that it's giving you the notification that IPService is stopping. IPService isn't giving that notification.

Does this happen on both wi-fi and mobile data? Also, if you have wi-fi calling on, does it persist if you turn off wi-fi calling?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Try going settings>apps>tap 3 dots upper right corner > go to system apps >find ipservices in the list tap it >clear data/cache and force stop like my screen shot circle is 20200416_001407.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress