Why are some contact menus incomplete.

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Some of my contacts have a '2' in their badge and only show 'delete' and 'share' in their top right menu. The ones without the '2' show a full menu from 'link' to 'route to voicemail'. I deleted one of the problem contacts and recreated it with a different name but it still showed the '2' in it's badge. I need the full menu to set individual ringtones and shortcuts.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Is it a dual SIM phone? If so, the "2" might mean the contacts are saved to the 2nd SIM card, rather than SIM card 1 or Internal Storage.

Ch-r-is

Sep 5, 2019
Visit site
Not an answer, I've just joined:) Re: Some of my contacts have a '2' in their badge and only show 'delete' and 'share' in their top right menu. The ones without the '2' show a full menu from 'link' to 'route to voicemail'. I deleted one of the problem contacts and recreated it with a different name but it still showed the '2' in it's badge. I need the full menu to set individual ringtones and shortcuts.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
When you create the contact, which account are you saving it to? Your Google account, the local Phone account, the SIM card, or somewhere else?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Then it sounds like the phone is saving contacts to the SIM card by default, and the "2" means that your 3 UK SIM card is the designated SIM #2 .

When you enter a contact, look carefully at the top of the contact entry screen, and see if there's an option to choose which account it goes to.

Ch-r-is

Sep 5, 2019
Visit site
I am now using my wife's identical phone, this phone has one sim, no mem card, 3 of her contacts show a '1' on the badge, and these too don't allo the full menu. I just now created a new contact, new name and new number bot known to this phone or sim, and this one also shows as a '1'. It appears that any number shown on any badge will dissable the full menu, I have evie launcher on both phones, I changed to the standard launcher and the contact badges are the same.:-\

Ch-r-is

Sep 5, 2019
Visit site
Great, you've sorted it, I didn't realise the V symbol top right was a drop down menu, I selected to save a new number to my Google account instead of the default 3UK, and the numbered badge was gone and the full menu available. I would never had known if you didn't ask about where my numbers were saved to. All my other contacts are ok, probably because they were imported from my previous phone via my Google account. Many thanks...:cool:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Great, glad that's resolved! This is a common pitfall, since most phones that aren't Pixels have the option to save contacts to the local Phone account (or SIM), and that's often the default option (instead of saving to your Google account). It can be a real pain when a person has entered many contacts to their local Phone account, then loses all of them when something happens to the phone, not realizing that those contacts were never syncing or backing up anywhere.:-\