Hello,

The email is synced to the outlook app, now outlook signed me out for being inactive.

I don't remember the password, I tried recovering it but nothing!
    I just checked the accounts on the phone and found the email there.
    Since the password hasn't change I know it's there and I haven't removed the account from the phone either, so now how can I view it or at least have outlook connect without asking for my password. Or any email app that will automatically add/sync the email and password registered previously on the phone.

It's an old android phone by the way.
    Help is appreciated.
    09-17-2019 08:57 AM
    What do you mean, you tried recovering it but nothing? https://forums.androidcentral.com/sh...d.php?t=409154
    09-17-2019 11:09 AM
    If you haven't logged in over the last 12 months, your account will have been removed. You can reset a password https://windowsreport.com/recover-outlook-password/
    Rukbat likes this.
    09-17-2019 11:25 AM
    I went nowhere with Microsoft. The automated response is unbelievable. I know the exact information but it keeps telling me they are unable to verify!
    09-18-2019 04:53 AM
    I've been using the outlook app for years. I had some technical issues with the phone so it was only turned off for 4-6 weeks. When I turned it on an outlook notification said they signed me out because of inactivity!
    I wasn't able to get help from Microsoft to this minute.
    I'm using an old Android 4.4.2
    So I don't mind doing whatever to the phone to get the outlook password. I checked the accounts on the phone and the email account does exist their. So all the login details are somewhere on the phone. I tried downloading a couple of email apps but non offered to use the accounts available on the device. I had to type the password and email.
    I'm not sure what to do. Should I back up the phone because the account details are still there? If I transfer or back it up will any login information be lost such as app passwords?
    Open to all options.
    Thanks.
    09-18-2019 05:03 AM
    There's no guarantee the password is still stored on your phone and even if it is, recovery isn't that simple. Not clear why your recovery methods through Microsoft aren't working, however they are probably your only option at this point.
    09-18-2019 05:37 AM
    The password hasn't been changed, they just signed me out of the app. Couldn't find any app that would use the available accounts on device to login.
    Read that passwords are stored somewhere on the device but it must be rooted to be able to see it. Not sure and worried I will lose the last string I have (the account on the phone).
    Microsoft just keep replying with their automated system, I know all the information so it's crazy they won't send the reset link!
    09-18-2019 06:03 AM
    What you are asking is effectively bypassing security features, which is a topic not allowed on this site. Even though this is your phone, if we told you how to view your password (assuming that's even possible, I'm not sure), it would also be telling hackers how they can get into accounts.

I know you can't seem to get anywhere with Microsoft, but that's about the only advice anyone here would be able to give.
    09-18-2019 06:22 AM
    09-18-2019 06:28 AM