Why they make Huawei a social sneer

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I loved theyre linux style phone when i had it.now the possibility google would ban them from their networks,issue last summer.its intuitive and beatiful.all theyr phone descriptions had me wanting another one when my phone wore out after several years.its so sad.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Just a reminder, it's NOT Google that's limiting their access or making them into a pariah, it's the US government and Huawei's sorta-proven practices/connections. More politics than anything else, Google is obligated to abide by the US ban if it wants to continue doing business IN the US... and since it's an American company, good partners or not in the past, it MUST abide by it and cut off access to their services. Place your blame accordingly, this is not the companies doing it, it's the companies having to follow the US ban.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
This is the problem when a company is closely intertwined with a government. If Huawei were completely independent from the Chinese government, there'd probably be much less suspicion.

Golurk

Apr 12, 2019
Visit site
This is the problem when a company is closely intertwined with a government. If Huawei were completely independent from the Chinese government, there'd probably be much less suspicion.

True...but such an indiscriminate blanket ban on everything Huawei working with US companies is unjustified in my opinion. If the US Government was really concerned about just the 5G tech, it would solely target that. The ban seems like its sole intention is to harm Huawei in favour of US competitors...in which case it’s economic bullying.

Trump's well known opinions on China make this even more believable. Banning Huawei from working with US companies was definitely the wrong decision.

Plus, the US has produced zero evidence so far of any espionage etc

Last edited by a moderator: