Why my moto g 4 plus storage is geting occupied automatically leading to android failure?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

My moto g 4 plus has 32 GB internal storage(ROM) and about 7 GB of it was originally used for storing the operating system("system files" as described in the storage settings). After about 2 years of use, the phone showed insufficient storage alert and I finally did factory reset after there was nothing to left to delete(I thought it was some virus). still over time, as the same situation occurred again, i noticed that the storage description was showing 30 GB of space occupied by "system files" and rest about 1 GB for my installed apps. I repeated the factory reset process, carefully choosing the apps i would install in future.

Now the growth rate of "system files" has increased so rapidly that is i left my phone for an hour or so, completely unused, i can find that my "system files" storage share has grown by more than 2 GB, making the phone practically useless.(when it reaches 'insufficient storage' stage, network gets turned off, following alerts stating 'android.process.acore has stopped command' and 'There is an internal problem with your device, and it may be unstable until you factory data reset' command)

I have done android flashing to nougat and my android version is 8.1.0

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site

sidharthkp

Oct 28, 2019
Visit site
Hi friends, i have made this question. Thanks you all for replaying.

i am not much familiar with the software side and repair of android systems. So I have googled and followed the instructions given in a video(link is:- ' https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_4Y-KFOJh4 ' , its in Hindi :p ). I am not sure about whether i have done the right thing, but i followed the instructions exactly.
@B. Diddy , I believe I have only done flash, and haven't done root yet
@Rukbat, Until now, I haven't done anything except update the phone by that was provided by the system itself. but the problem sounds like memory leak because, if i leave the phone undisturbed, it takes longer to fill the storage full.

This is my phone details:
Screenshot_20190503-050249.jpg Screenshot_20190503-050253.jpg

The network is obtained for some time and breaks in few seconds. Whenever I try to make a call, I lose network and call drops. same while receiving, ring for few seconds followed by network breaking.

sidharthkp

Oct 28, 2019
Visit site
Also, this is my storage details,
Screenshot_20190503-051608.jpg

Now system files is about 6GB and over time, it grows to occupy my entire storage(whole 32GB) at a rate proportional to my phone usage(simple use is enough like scrolling through settings.)

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty