why does play store list gmail in library as "not installed" when I use it every day

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I just got my first chromebook and I opened play store to update any apps that were needing. But, when I opened the library in my apps and games it listed gmail as not installed. I use gmail every day so... what's up?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Are you using the Gmail app or the Gmail website on your Chromebook? Most people access Gmail on the website when using a Chromebook -- there's not much you'll gain from using the Gmail app on a Chromebook.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Even if you do, the site doesn't show what's installed on your device, it shows what you have installed when you were on the Play store. If you uninsttall the app, or use a different device, it's still going to say "Installed". That neans "has been installed at least once".

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Even if you do, the site doesn't show what's installed on your device, it shows what you have installed when you were on the Play store. If you uninsttall the app, or use a different device, it's still going to say "Installed". That neans "has been installed at least once".

That's only if you're looking through the Play Store website. If you use the Play Store app, tap Menu, then My Apps & Games, the currently installed apps will be listed under the Installed heading. (Any app you've ever installed on any device will show up under Library.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol