Did abusive man snoop on my android?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I have just left a very controlling partner and due to some of his comments I have suspicions I have been snooper on. Whether this is the case of just mind games I don't know. I am not tech savvy. Just I tried looking at system apps but I don't know what are pre installed and what could have been installed by him. I was using a Samsung j3 android

Oct 27, 2019
Visit site
Due to the nature of the relationship and some comments he said I have suspicious he has installed some spy software on my phone. I am not tech savvy. I tried looking at system apps but I have no idea what are pre installed and what isn't. I found MDMapp, silentlogger, chocoEUKor. Like I said I don't know how to find out. Thank you.

I was using a Samsung j3, andriod phone

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I'd suggest you fittest read through this thread.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=966023

If you are still sure you've been hacked, then please let us know what evidence you have that this happened. We may be able to help you then.

Also, hacking and spying are crimes in most any country. So you should also report this to the local authorities so they can investigate.

Last edited:

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
ChocoEUkor is the name of a font. Silent Logger is harmless. The other I don't know without researching.
MDM looks to stand for mobile device management, and possibly used for things like company issued phones. Such is the problem of looking at system apps without knowing what you're looking at/for.

Oct 27, 2019
Visit site
It was just that he and I quote "I used to snoop on ex girlfriends phone to find out she cheated but I don't do it anymore".

And apparently remotely hacked exs WiFi and messed with her lights to scare her as revenge for her cheating

Oct 27, 2019
Visit site
I ask as the smart things app doesn't come up on my list of apps, it only shows as system apps. Like I said I have no idea what I am looking for. Local police told me spy apps and the like do not exist, I don't have any tech savvy friends and my It skills are only a little bit above your average pensioner....

This is in the context of what I have been told is a controlling relationship. Extreme paranoia I was cheating, wanting to know my wearabouts all the time, continuity trying to sleep with me when Im sleeping, etc and comments about spying on ex's. Surely this grants me with a reason to be suspicious and not just a paranoid nutcase...?....

me just saying

Jul 18, 2015
Visit site
as previously mentioned, the best thing to do is to reset the phone. if you are looking for evidence, forget it if you want to prosecute. Unless handled properly and legally, it cannot be used by any courts. IMO, doing anything else is a waste of time and emotions.

Oct 27, 2019
Visit site
Local police are the equivalent of the film hot fuzz. Very rural area, not worth the time and effort.....i tried and persisting with them will just make me look insane, if there is such an app on my phone I need proof. Or whether he was just saying about the apps as simply mind games and they aren't really there I don't know

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Smart Things is an official Samsung app.
374a1738606396935a19404335d3e1e4.jpg

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Local police told me spy apps and the like do not exist...

While this is technically not true and they do exist, the chances of you being infected is extremely slim. Android is a very secure operating system. Nothing can be installed unless you approve it, unless you have some extremely poor security practices, like allowing anyone unfettered access to your phone. That's why so many malware apps try to convince you there's a problem only their app can fix, and then ask you to download it from their site instead of the Play store.

Your ex's hacking of Wi-Fi controlled lights is another matter. That sort of thing is relative child's play and sounds like a scare tactic. Those types of devices have no real security, because there's nothing to be gained from doing hacking them.

I would just block him any and every way possible. If he keeps up, that's harassment and stalking, and you may be able to get a restraining order against him. At the very least, him to whatever services providers he's contracting you through.