Question Coming from iOS, what did you miss when you switched to Android?

vanii

Feb 12, 2024
Visit site
I currently have an iPhone SE 2020. Due to battery issues I want to change it and try an Android.

I'm a long-time iOS user, but I have this opportunity to try a more open alternative. I know several benefits that Android has, such as the access to the file system or apk files.

However, I don't know if I'll be missing something or if there are some drawbacks to switching.

How was your experience? What did you miss the most?

Reactions: BEaRebel

ManiacJoe

Trusted Member
Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
I personally have never owned an iPhone.
The one thing that is always mentioned is that Apple pays for the data transfers in the iMessage app for high res photos and videos as a loyalty bonus to iPhone users. All android messaging apps and all iOS apps not iMessage limit the resolutions and file sizes to reduce the costs. In practice, this is only a problem when using SMS/MMS to text. All other messaging apps have reasonable limits on file sizes and recipient group sizes.

Windroid 2483

Jul 21, 2023
Visit site
If you want to avoid battery issues, you may want an Android phone with a replaceable battery. And I mean replaceable with a screwdriver, not a hot-air gun and fancy tools! There are still a few out there.

To answer your question: How deep are you in the Apple ecosystem? Do you use Apple maps, air tags, Safari, etc.? The deeper you are in the Apple ecosystem, the harder it would be to switch to Android. I have an iPhone and an Android tablet, so I avoid Apple apps. Apple apps are iOS only, I want apps which work on both iOS and Android.

Reactions: BEaRebel

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dxter