Some contact names not displaying in Google Messages (Samsung A10 w/ Google Fi)

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I have a Samsung A10 with Google Fi and Claro as my providers (double SIM phone) and Google Messages as my messaging app. Two days ago, some of my contact's names disappeared from Messages, and were replaced with their phone numbers.

Anyone else experiencing this?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Are the phone numbers the exact ones that are saved to that contact's entry in the Contacts app? If there's a difference in the presence/absence of a country code, for example, that could be enough for the contact to be unrecognized.

Luftmensch11

Nov 7, 2019
Visit site
Exact same. I've had the phone for about 6 months and this just started. I don't recall adding any third-party apps recently, and there seems to be no logic regarding which names are disappeared. In fact disappearing is not the right term. Their names and numbers are in my Contacts, but only their numbers are being displayed in Google Messages. If, from Messages, I try to add them as a contact, Contacts tries to add the number as the contact's Home number. Regardless, when I re-save the contact, the name isn't transferred to Messages.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad