What's wrong with my wireless charger?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Hey, so I have a wireless charger and at one point in time it worked fine for my phone. And now whenever I plug in the wireless charger the LED indicator blinks a turquoise color at the same time 3 times fast over and over. And it doesn't charge my phone. I noticed that the true LEDs that are lighting up inside are blue and green the same time, but that's probably just to mix the color when it shows up through the plastic covering. I'm kind of frustrated with this thing. I'm not using the same adapter as last time, so I don't know if that could be the culprit? I looked at the input and output and it's really not that far off, in a sense that should work just fine. And I know about voltage and amperage and stuff like that and so I don't think that should be the problem... I don't know very much about circuit boards either, so maybe it is if this thing is just being stubborn because it wants the exact input? I didn't want to waste my money on a new adapter if you guys know of any other problem it might be having because I can't find the old one.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
As long as the Output Amperage of the new adapter is at least as much as the old one, there's nothing else to look at. (If it didn't blow up when you plugged it into the wall, the Input is fine - that's "the wall voltage" and how much current the adapter draws.) The output voltage is always going to be around 5 Volts if the plug is microUSB or Type C.

If the LED colors changed since it worked (red is usually used to indicate that there's power, green to indicate that the phone is positioned correctly to be drawing power from the charger), contact the manufacturer and ask what a turquoise LED blinking 3 times means. (That could be anything - it's the manufacturer's choice.)

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! What's the brand and model of the charger? My guess is that the hardware has failed. If this is a cheap 3rd party charger, it wouldn't be entirely surprising for it to fail.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non