Why are Facebook Marketplace listings suddenly cut off?

rickwallace

Nov 16, 2019
Visit site
I have a Galaxy tab 3 and as of yesterday the listings in Facebook Marketplace are cut off on the left and right sides and images are loading slightly out of sequence. Support at facebook claims they have made no changes to the interface. Listings appear ok when I look the recommendation screen, but when I click on a listing the copy and price is truncated on both sides by 3/8" or so. The images load oddly - pic 1 you can see 90% of it and 10% of the next image, pic 2 is even more off, etc.

I've cleared the cache, force quit the app, run the optimizer, restarted, etc at least 4 times. My next step I guess is to clear the data?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I have a Galaxy tab 3 and as of yesterday the listings in Facebook Marketplace are cut off on the left and right sides and images are loading slightly out of sequence. Support at facebook claims they have made no changes to the interface. Listings appear ok when I look the recommendation screen, but when I click on a listing the copy and price is truncated on both sides by 3/8" or so. The images load oddly - pic 1 you can see 90% of it and 10% of the next image, pic 2 is even more off, etc.

I've cleared the cache, force quit the app, run the optimizer, restarted, etc at least 4 times. My next step I guess is to clear the data?
Clear cache,data,force stop see what happens

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! This is the Tab 3, and not the Tab S3, right? What Android version is it running? We're starting to see a lot more app incompatibilities on devices running KitKat and even Lollipop as older APIs get deprecated.

Gard3ngirl

Nov 21, 2019
Visit site
I too am having exactly the same problem for the last few days. Facebook marketplace appears fine but if I click on an item to look at the details it disappears off the side of the screen. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling Facebook, adjusting the accessibility settings but nothing has changed. I have a Huawei mediapad T3 10 running android version 7. So annoying!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I moved this from the Tab 3 forum to the Tab S3 forum. Since it seems to be happening across devices, it may be a bug with the app itself -- send feedback to the FB devs.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Curious if anyone tried to uninstall the update and not let google play update see if it still happens. And also see if in the browser log into Facebook if it happens there .

ronnie13

Nov 30, 2019
Visit site
I went into my tablet settings and selected Display settings then selected Font and Screen Zoom setting then changed Screen Zoom setting to small and then was able to read the entire Marketplace post. There was still a blank margin on left and right side but at least it's now readable. Last Android update must have messed something up in this area I assume.

cwadams57

Dec 1, 2019
Visit site
I went into my tablet settings and selected Display settings then selected Font and Screen Zoom setting then changed Screen Zoom setting to small and then was able to read the entire Marketplace post. There was still a blank margin on left and right side but at least it's now readable. Last Android update must have messed something up in this area I assume.

I logged onto fb thru duck,duck,go and marketplace works fine. Still won't work right thru Google sign in.

Last edited by a moderator:

Donuttious

Dec 1, 2019
Visit site
Same here on my lenovo yoga tab3 plus running Nougat. Started after 2 facebook updates ago. Worked fine before that. Tried contacting the app devs but never heard a thing.
Anyone worked out a fix yet?
I'm trying to build a cabin using second hand materials and finding it hard reading and viewing the ads.

Kim Denyse

Dec 10, 2019
Visit site

This worked! Thank you!