Hi,

This is a weird and very specific problem that may not have a solution but I hope you can help.

I am currently getting a pop up on my phone stating "Your SIM card is locked. Please Power Cycle your device and if problem persists please call customer service." This only lets me click the OK button. No option to enter in a PUK. This is a proper pop up notification (think a popup window), not something on the notification bar. The phone treats it like some sort of major alert. It interrupts everything, vibrates and flashes the screen when locked (all battery draining activities).

A bit of background. I have an American Sprint SIM. It actually allows be low level data anywhere in the world. I currently live in Myanmar but when I travel to other places I use the American SIM. It worked perfectly until the phone I bought in the US (Samsung S7) broke and had to be replaced with what I could find in Myanmar (an Oppo F11 - decent phone). So this is only an occasional problem. To make matters more frustrating the phone works perfectly fine. This SIM can make calls, receive calls and data works as well so its not actually locked.

I have tried turning off many different system notifications and nothing works as those seem geared toward stopping standard notifications. I called Sprint and they can't help because my "phone is not in their network" (The US is one of the only places that treats SIMs and phones as one thing - everywhere else is smarter). I assume there is no way to actually fix the problem but is there a way to turn off this popup window?
    11-16-2019 10:32 AM
    Hi, welcome to Android Forums

I'd like to recommend creating a account so me or other members can assist you, as guest have limitations in replying here and if we need further Information to communicate with you.

I'll provide a link to register, please come back to your post so we can further assist you .https://forums.androidcentral.com/sh...d.php?t=409154
    11-16-2019 10:35 AM
    Did you ever put a pin for sim lock ?
    11-16-2019 10:35 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Try installing Toast Source to determine which system app is responsible for the popup toast notification. Then see if you can turn off notifications for that system app. Chances are that you can't, but it won't hurt to check.
    11-16-2019 04:22 PM