Hi!
    I use an A5 with Android 8.0.0 and the solo launcher as alternative app starter. Worked well until the last system update.
    Since the last system update icons of my installed apps keep appearing on the second page of my screen. Sometimes up to 5 icons a day even replacing self defined icons I placed there.
    I like my screen not packed with these icons, so this new behavior is pretty annoying to me.
    Does anyone have an idea to stop that?
    11-21-2019 09:17 AM
    Hi, welcome to Android Forums

I'd like to recommend creating a account so me or other members can assist you, as guest have limitations in replying here and if we need further Information to communicate with you.

I'll provide a link to register, please come back to your post so we can further assist

https://forums.androidcentral.com/sh...d.php?t=409154
    11-21-2019 09:20 AM
    Stop using the Solo launcher and use one that doesn't do that in Android 8. A lot of us here have found Nova Launcher to be a good one. (And with the 3 screens full of apps, it's never added on on its own.) Of course, make sure that, in Settings, you don't have "automatically add new apps to home screen" turned off. An update to an app is a "new app", as far as that function is concerned, so every time an app is updated, if that's on, it will appear on the home screen. That alone may be your problem.)
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    11-21-2019 04:15 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Are the app icons that appear from apps that you just installed?
    11-23-2019 12:51 AM