How can i get rid of blue screen on android phone

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I just bought Android based Cubot King Kong 3 phone a couple weeks back. I am noticing that after dialing a number, i get the blue screen for about a second and then it switches to the call screen where i an disconnect the call, use speaker etc. I googled about this and saw tons of articles about blue screen of death or blue screen after the call. But my phone behavior is very different. It is not dying but it just gives blue screen for a second before making calls.

I had HTC One before this and same thing used to happen in that phone for a few months, and worst is after a while it would stick to that blue screen and i would have to continue my call on that screen. It wouldn't even let me disconnect the call. I will have to restart the phone to get back to normal behavior. I am just hoping the same doesn't start happening with new phone.

What is the reason for getting this annoying blue screen and how can i fix it?

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to the forums. Are you using any third party dialer app? It's possible that this problem is caused by an app that you had installed in your previous phone and was restored on the new one. See if the same problem persists in safe mode.

I would recommend you to create an account so you can reply on this thread.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! If you're using the stock Phone app, and it persists in Safe Mode, it also may just be due to poor coding on the part of Cubot.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
I don't have any calling app installed. I restarted the phone in safe mode but still it has the same behavior. Anything else i could check?
Thanks for registering. If the same problem persists in safe mode that's probably caused by a bad system app, as B. Diddy said. Unfortunately there's not much you can do if this is the case. Just in case you could try clearing data for the dialer/phone app and see if it helps.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Also, be careful: it may indicate impending hardware failure. Back up your data while you still can. We have a Guide for doing that if you're uncertain.