Samsung Cloud doesn't back up security phone copy automatically

danielthesea

Sep 7, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys

As far as i know Samsung cloud does it automatically every 24 hours, when the phone is charging, connected to wifi, and screen off.

Thing is it hasn't done it since Jan 2nd and it was because i manually did it.

I have already deleted app data and cache.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

danielthesea

Sep 7, 2014
Visit site
i have it in high performance, disabled battery optimization of samsung cloud as well, nothing.

you know samsung cloud has 2 parts? Sync and back up and restore? it does sync automatically but it doesn't back up my phone

danielthesea

Sep 7, 2014
Visit site
Still haven't found a solution of Samsung Clould not backing up automatically

Hi everyone,

So last week I tried out of curiosity this app called Samsung Members that has a hardware diagnostics, I got a message that my battery had to be replaced. Luckily my phone was still on warranty and they've changed my battery hassle free, the sh!t thing was having to do a factory reset and then restoring everything. But I highly recommend to run that Samsung Members test while your phone is under warranty because they will change for free whatever is not working as it should.

Thing is that after factory resetting I cannot make Samsung Cloud backup my phone automatically. It does do it manually thought without issues.

I have no power saving mode on, no data saver, no nothing. I tried everything. And factory reseting didn't help either.

By the way my phone is a Samsung S9.

Thanks.

danielthesea

Sep 7, 2014
Visit site
little update, today it did create the backup automatically around 2pm while i was taking a nap, But this is not new, it has always created automatically a backup once every two months or something like that and if lucky once every month, should be every 24 hours. I dont know whats wrong.

danielthesea

Sep 7, 2014
Visit site
Okay, I think (i need to keep testing it tho) I know the reason why Samsung Cloud doesn't back up.

I had been told weeks ago that for Samsung Cloud to auto back up phone needs to be charging, screen off for 10 mins at least and connected to Wi FI (all these requirements you can find them on the app) but they also told me device shouldn't be warm or back up won't happen.

Even though my battery has been changed like 2 weeks ago, my phone keeps getting quite warm, I do not play games or have lots of windows open, it's just not normal.

But If i stop using it for a while and disable literally EVERYTHING (mobile data, location, wifi calling, Bluetooth, NFC, everything except for WIFI and Sync) i can get it to completely cool down and then i plug it to charge (fast charging also disabled) and then Samsung automatic backup works.

I am still not 100% sure I need to keep testing it.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Okay, I think (i need to keep testing it tho) I know the reason why Samsung Cloud doesn't back up.

I had been told weeks ago that for Samsung Cloud to auto back up phone needs to be charging, screen off for 10 mins at least and connected to Wi FI (all these requirements you can find them on the app) but they also told me device shouldn't be warm or back up won't happen.

Even though my battery has been changed like 2 weeks ago, my phone keeps getting quite warm, I do not play games or have lots of windows open, it's just not normal.

But If i stop using it for a while and disable literally EVERYTHING (mobile data, location, wifi calling, Bluetooth, NFC, everything except for WIFI and Sync) i can get it to completely cool down and then i plug it to charge (fast charging also disabled) and then Samsung automatic backup works.

I am still not 100% sure I need to keep testing it.
Do you get over temperature warnings?

anon(10614692)

Jun 26, 2019
Visit site
Not sure where you got your info from. My phone has backed up today, it has not been connected to WiFi or on charge during that time.
Why do you think it backs up every 24 hours? I've never heard that, either. The way it works is if you have done something that impacts a back up eg creating a contact then that item will be backed up and the sync date will be shown, there will be no sync date/time more recent if there is no change to the back up data on the cloud.
Can you try adding a contact and check the sync time a bit later. Also, I couldn't see it mentioned in the thread but check the Samsung account has the appropriate permissions. While in that section turn all permissions off and on again

Last edited:

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Not sure where you got your info from. My phone has backed up today, it has not been connected to WiFi or on charge during that time.
Why do you think it backs up every 24 hours? I've never heard that, either. The way it works is if you have done something that impacts a back up eg creating a contact then that item will be backed up and the sync date will be shown, there will be no sync date/time more recent if there is no change to the back up data on the cloud.
Can you try adding a contact and check the sync time a bit later. Also, I couldn't see it mentioned in the thread but check the Samsung account has the appropriate permissions. While in that section turn all permissions off and on again
ScreenshotScreenshot_20200310-175413_Samsung%20Cloud.jpeg

anon(10614692)

Jun 26, 2019
Visit site
Hmm. That's not how mine is working as I mentioned above. The only option I fulfilled is screen off for more than 10 minutes, no wifi and no charging. It will be interesting to see the result of my suggestion

danielthesea

Sep 7, 2014
Visit site
Hmm. That's not how mine is working as I mentioned above. The only option I fulfilled is screen off for more than 10 minutes, no wifi and no charging. It will be interesting to see the result of my suggestion

Galactic Zoo, I think you are talking about the "Sync" bit, that one works whether you are on Wifi or not and your phone doesn't need to be charging.

I am talking about the phone autoback up, go to samsung cloud and scroll till the very end, it has some green icons.

Mustang , no, I dont get temperature warnings

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Galactic Zoo, I think you are talking about the "Sync" bit, that one works whether you are on Wifi or not and your phone doesn't need to be charging.

I am talking about the phone autoback up, go to samsung cloud and scroll till the very end, it has some green icons.

Mustang , no, I dont get temperature warnings
No temp warning then be surprised being warm would stop it from backing up

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Hi mustang, I actually get a message that whatsapp is using too much battery in the background but what can I do about it? It's battery optimized and I don't want to put it to sleep as android suggests
Try force closing it by long pressing it and tap Info then choose force do this once you full charge your battery that way in device care you know if it made a difference by next battery charge up cycle

danielthesea

Sep 7, 2014
Visit site
Try force closing it by long pressing it and tap Info then choose force do this once you full charge your battery that way in device care you know if it made a difference by next battery charge up cycle

I still couldn't get rid off this lovely message... I force stopped whatsapp, restarted phone, etc

Any suggestions? Thanks

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200313-100334_Device care.jpg
    Screenshot_20200313-100334_Device care.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 1

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38