Downloaded dcim file to laptop, not the files are massive and unopenable!

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

So I have downloaded (cut and copy) all the photo file from my phone to my laptop.

The files say they are (in total) 55Tb of data (this is obviously untrue) and they don't open, they are taking up 15.5Gb on my hard drive and I am trying to find out what went wrong and if they are recoverable. Does anyone have any ideas (or any suggestions as to where i might get an idea of what happened)?

Thanks in advance

Mort

Mortattoo

Jan 29, 2020
Visit site
HI Mustang7757,

Thanks for the reply!

Almost all of it was backed up, just a few photos that were take in the few hours offline.

Phone is a Huawei honor 9.

JUst has me scratching my head and I have no idea what to do with the files. I can't copy them onto another drive because they APPEAR to be massive files!

Thanks for any advice!

Mort

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
HI Mustang7757,

Thanks for the reply!

Almost all of it was backed up, just a few photos that were take in the few hours offline.

Phone is a Huawei honor 9.

JUst has me scratching my head and I have no idea what to do with the files. I can't copy them onto another drive because they APPEAR to be massive files!

Thanks for any advice!

Mort
Hi welcome!
Because if you log into your Google account on computer you can see your picture there

Mortattoo

Jan 29, 2020
Visit site
My main issue is why this has happened as much as anything else, and if there is a way to recover them.

I don't even know if it is an android problem or a windows problem and the OCD is making me go crazy, lol.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
My main issue is why this has happened as much as anything else, and if there is a way to recover them.

I don't even know if it is an android problem or a windows problem and the OCD is making me go crazy, lol.
You can try restart the computer and phone and see if can see them again. But if you had them backed up to Google photos you can access them on your computer by singing in ?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Did you use the Move or Copy command? Were the photos all on the SD card or Internal Storage? SD cards can corrupt more easily, so that's a possibility.

Did you transfer the files en masse, or in batches? There can be data errors if a huge amount of data is transferred all at once over USB.

Mortattoo

Jan 29, 2020
Visit site
I used the cut command and transfered from internal storage. I guess it is probably due to the "en masse" approach i took that it just had a wobbly moment.

Thanks very much for the help and suggestions. I fear I will just have to delete the lot and get over it!!

Cheers,

Mort

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Can you show a screenshot of what the transferred files look like on the computer (in Windows File Explorer)? What are the filenames, and how much space does each individual photo file take up?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty