Any way to completely disable all online features of Google Assistant without Airplane Mode?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Hello. I'm keenly interested in any information available that would help me completely disable all of the online enabled features of Google Assistant and force it to always operate as if the phone is in Airplane Mode even when the phone is not in Airplane Mode.

Is there anyone that can help me accomplish this? Information has been sparse and all I've been able to find that is related is general information explaining that the assistant will work offline.

K Alan Bates

Feb 15, 2020
Visit site
That might be a way to start, but there is no way I would enable one of these spy applications on my phone if it's only blocked from doing whatever Google wants it to do on my phone by a global setting that gets toggled.

Ideally, what I'm looking for (maybe it is not available) is a way to have Google Assistant run only on my phone, only be capable of doing local things, and never waste my data by ever contacting Google for anything.

As it currently works, your idea would cripple my phone in order to cripple GA. As soon as Iturn max saver mode off, GA would give Google HQ a dead drop.

I don't want a digital "assistant."
I want a digital slave.

methodman89

Feb 5, 2018
Visit site
That might be a way to start, but there is no way I would enable one of these spy applications on my phone if it's only blocked from doing whatever Google wants it to do on my phone by a global setting that gets toggled.

Ideally, what I'm looking for (maybe it is not available) is a way to have Google Assistant run only on my phone, only be capable of doing local things, and never waste my data by ever contacting Google for anything.

As it currently works, your idea would cripple my phone in order to cripple GA. As soon as Iturn max saver mode off, GA would give Google HQ a dead drop.

I don't want a digital "assistant."
I want a digital slave.
What you want is an oxymoron, and it's not going to happen the way you are wanting.

anon(10614692)

Jun 26, 2019
Visit site
Spy applications? Where did you get that ridiculous ide from?
Google Assistant needs a data connection to function properly. If you disable data it can be used to do basic things on your device.You are likely to be restricted to
Play Music
Open Gmail (works with any app name on the device)
Turn on Wi-Fi
Turn up the volume
Turn on the flashlight
Turn on airplane mode
Turn on Bluetooth
Dim the screen

However you have to disable your data connection, this cannot be done inside the app.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae