Asus Zenfone V, how do I enter recovery mode?

ChannelZ28

Feb 24, 2020
Visit site
I want to clear my cache partition to see if it will improve my battery life. I can't figure out how to get into recovery mode. Holding down power and volume down brings me to a fastboot mode. No other combination does anything.

anon(10614692)

Jun 26, 2019
Visit site
Try
Turn off the device
Press and hold Volume Down key and then press and hold Power Key for a while
Release all key when ASUS ZenFone logo appears on the screen
You should now in the Android Recovery
Use Volume keys to select and Power key to confirm selection

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Hmm, strange that the steps would be different for a similar model. Most manufacturers use the same steps for their whole line

I found this: https://www.hardreset.info/devices/asus/asus-v520kl/recovery-mode/. The main difference is that after pressing and holding Power and Vol Up to turn on the phone, release Power button only when the ASUS logo appears, but keep the Vol Up button held down until you hopefully see the Recovery Menu appear.

anon(10614692)

Jun 26, 2019
Visit site
Hmm, strange that the steps would be different for a similar model. Most manufacturers use the same steps for their whole line

I found this: https://www.hardreset.info/devices/asus/asus-v520kl/recovery-mode/. The main difference is that after pressing and holding Power and Vol Up to turn on the phone, release Power button only when the ASUS logo appears, but keep the Vol Up button held down until you hopefully see the Recovery Menu appear.

Yes, it's that's the case. Hopefully we'll find out if it works

ChannelZ28

Feb 24, 2020
Visit site
Try
Turn off the device
Press and hold Volume Down key and then press and hold Power Key for a while
Release all key when ASUS ZenFone logo appears on the screen
You should now in the Android Recovery
Use Volume keys to select and Power key to confirm selection

Thanks, but as I stated, this takes me to the fastboot options menu. The Asus logo does not appear on the screen.

ChannelZ28

Feb 24, 2020
Visit site

I've seen that website and I tried this. It just boots like a normal power up, the volume up button seems to have no effect.

On another note, I don't think I can trust that website. If you look at the detailed directions, it says "Firstly, switch off the mobile by pressing the Power key for a few seconds." That's definitely not the correct way to turn off a phone, it also doesn't work for my phone.

Then if you look at the picture directions, it says to press the volume up button, but the red arrow is clearly pointing to the volume down button.

Is there a way to get into recovery mode through the fastboot option menu? I don't actually know what that is, but it seems to be the only menu I can access.

methodman89

Feb 5, 2018
Visit site
Look to see if this is at the bottom of the screen after your power uo/volume
ec04e2af3f18e3f1259d0722af7a5080.jpg

ChannelZ28

Feb 24, 2020
Visit site
No I don't, but I can get into Safe mode from the fastboot menu. Is there a way to get to the recovery menu in Safe mode?

Incidentally, I chatted with Asus' customer service and they told me that recovery mode is accessed by holding the power button, the start button and volume up. But it still didn't work. Probably just time for a new phone.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38