Clear Cache Partition Zenfone 10

younger996

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
As per the title......how do I safely clear the Cache Partition on my Zenfone 10

I have gotten into the Recovery mode using the power/volume ^ button.....but I don't see "Clear Cache Partition" option.

I see a ClearData/Factory Reset option.......is there sub menu's in that. I'm a afraid to press incase I reset my phone.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I'm pretty sure the Zenfone 10 has dual A/B partitions for seamless updates (like most phones that aren't Samsung these days) -- this means that clearing the system cache partition is not possible by the user.

Are you experiencing a problem that is making you want to clear the cache partition?

younger996

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
I'm pretty sure the Zenfone 10 has dual A/B partitions for seamless updates (like most phones that aren't Samsung these days) -- this means that clearing the system cache partition is not possible by the user.

Are you experiencing a problem that is making you want to clear the cache partition?
No, I have just gotten into the habit of clearing it......is it just a Samsung thing??

(thanks for engaging by the way )

Reactions: B. Diddy

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure about smaller manufacturers, but Samsung is definitely the only big manufacturer that hasn't switched over to dual A/B partitions.

Reactions: Laura Knotek

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
Yeah Samsung still hasn't switched over
Google /one plus have A/b
So do the newer Moto's... from my limited experience anyway 😉 I like still being able to clear the cache partition on my Sammy though, there's something gratifying about it 😄... and sometimes it even fixes a problem 😁

And I always update my phones later in the evening, so I don't worry about missing any calls etc while my Samsung's updating.

My Pixels with the A/B partitions update waay slower than my Samsung too... not that I'm complaining 😜

Reactions: mustang7757

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
My Pixels with the A/B partitions update waay slower than my Samsung too
Ah, but this is only if you're watching the update section of the system settings. If you didn't even know there was an update, you'd be using the phone normally (without any impact on performance), then get prompted to restart your phone when convenient due to the update. Restarting would then take about 30 seconds or so, then you'd be in business. On a Samsung phone or any other phone without seamless updates, once the restart occurred, the phone would be out of commission for maybe 5 minutes.

Reactions: J Dubbs

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Ah, but this is only if you're watching the update section of the system settings. If you didn't even know there was an update, you'd be using the phone normally (without any impact on performance), then get prompted to restart your phone when convenient due to the update. Restarting would then take about 30 seconds or so, then you'd be in business. On a Samsung phone or any other phone without seamless updates, once the restart occurred, the phone would be out of commission for maybe 5 minutes.
If a phone updates in the woods and nobody is around to watch it, is it really up to date?

The counter to this is that most people just tap install update overnight and let it do it's thing, so there is no actual difference in downtime from the average users perspective.

Reactions: J Dubbs

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
And with a Pixel, or any phone running the seamless updates system, when it's done it's done... I'll usually do a few restarts to make sure it's good to go (I've had my older Pixels tell me 3 restarts in it was still finishing the install 😄), but otherwise nothing left to do.

On my Sammy I still have to clear the cache partition, repair apps in recovery mode, then run the Galaxy app booster. A little redundant I know, but I've had zero problems since doing it that way, and it makes me feel a little warm and fuzzy 😆😉

To be honest I really haven't had any problems with the A/B partition phones either though ¯⁠\⁠_⁠(⁠ツ⁠)⁠_⁠/⁠¯

So for folks who want the update to happen in the background while they're still using the phone, the seamless system is definitely best. Personally I want my phone focusing all it's attention on installing my update properly, so I never use an A/B partitioned phone while I'm updating it.

I guess I still don't have the faith in solid updates/installs, I remember the days of crossing fingers and hoping lol.

Reactions: B. Diddy

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karim174