I just bought a Samsung M30s and i inserted my old sd card. I formated the sd card so the phone can use it but i dont know why, for some reason no app has a move option, i can not move any app that i download. The phone has the One UI 1.5 and Android 9 maybe the reason are those but if i cant use my sd card why is there a slot for it. I 've looked online for any answers but couldnt find any, such as the ''formating as internal'' which on the format page i dont have the option to do so. On my older phone i had nearly all the apps on the sd card so i depend on it in a way. What can i do?
    03-13-2020 03:41 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! More recent versions of Android removed the "Move to SD" feature. It's a fundamentally unstable way to run an app. SD cards have always been best used for storage of documents and media files. If you want to try enabling Adoptable Storage, you'd have to follow these steps, but I'm not sure if they work on more recent Samsung devices: https://www.xda-developers.com/enabl...7-and-s7-edge/

Please register on this forum, which will allow you to engage in discussion more easily, as well as post images. https://forums.androidcentral.com/as...community.html
    03-13-2020 03:48 PM
    Samsung moved that option some time ago, even if you could I wouldn't recommend that only picture and videos.
    03-13-2020 03:50 PM
    That feature has been removed from Android for good reasons.

Many well-written apps (camera, maps, GPS, games) will let you put their data on the SD card while leaving the app on the internal storage. Check the settings of the individual apps that use lots of data space.
    03-13-2020 04:35 PM
    So i am the question asker. I have a follow-up quesiton if you don't mind. How can i check individual apps storage preference? I looked to spotify but couldn't find a solid evidence that it's using ext. storage as the data holder
    03-14-2020 05:19 AM
    So i am the question asker. I have a follow-up quesiton if you don't mind. How can i check individual apps storage preference? I looked to spotify but couldn't find a solid evidence that it's using ext. storage as the data holder
    If you are asking how to select the storage location for an app such as the camera , the choice is made in the individual apps settings.
    If you want to see whats on the sd card, go to settings, storage and scroll down to SD card. Good luck
    03-14-2020 06:58 AM
    Apart from the app's own settings menu, another place to look would be the Apps menu in the system settings. Select the app there and see if there's an option there to move app data (not the app itself) to the SD card.
    03-14-2020 12:51 PM
    In the Spotify settings, the use of the SD card is at the bottom of the settings list.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    03-14-2020 11:58 PM
    Thanks you all, figured some stuff out about android! Thank you
    mustang7757 and B. Diddy like this.
    03-15-2020 08:45 AM
    Not sure why no one has mentioned this solution anywhere, but it's soo simple. Go to developer options, and simply enable "force allow apps on external", that's it. Don't know why people like to overcomplicate things.
    02-08-2021 02:41 PM
    Not sure why no one has mentioned this solution anywhere, but it's soo simple. Go to developer options, and simply enable "force allow apps on external", that's it. Don't know why people like to overcomplicate things.
    As I mentioned in your other thread, it's not that simple. https://forums.androidcentral.com/ge...ml#post6921047. Are you specifically referring to Samsung phones, and if so, which ones? This option is not available on all devices.
    02-08-2021 08:02 PM
    Not all apps have this option but long press a app then tap.info , scroll to storage and tap, it will tell you if has option to put on sd card, but don't forget it will put some of the apps data there not all and I Don't recommend it , if that sd card fails for any reason your doing a factory reset .I can't move apps to my sd card-screenshot_20210208-200742_settings.jpg
    B. Diddy likes this.
    02-08-2021 08:09 PM
    As I mentioned in your other thread, it's not that simple. https://forums.androidcentral.com/ge...ml#post6921047. Are you specifically referring to Samsung phones, and if so, which ones? This option is not available on all devices.
    AHH just checked my old Samsung phone, looks like the option isn't there. For my wileyfox and ZTE phones, they have this option, just wanted to put it out there into the online world, since I couldn't find it anywhere in relation to androids.
    Attached Thumbnails I can't move apps to my sd card-img_20210209_064217.jpg  
    B. Diddy likes this.
    02-09-2021 01:45 AM
    Thanks for clarifying! Yeah, Developer Options can vary between devices. I recall seeing this article about still being able to move apps to SD on the Galaxy S9, but I'm not sure if that feature was still available after more recent Android version upgrades: https://www.sammobile.com/news/how-t...d-on-galaxy-s9
    02-09-2021 01:20 PM