Is it possible to display the alternative symbol for Roman Numeral 10,000 in my Android app?

Thomas_George

Mar 8, 2015
Visit site
As we know, the Unicode char for symbol of Roman Numeral 10,000 is '\u2182'.
In addition, there is an alternative symbol for Roman Numeral 10,000 which is like a 'X' with an overline.

But it seems that the alternative symbol is not an Unicode char. So, is there any way to display this symbol as a char in a TextView control in my Andoid app?

Any ideas? Thank you in advance.

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
I've had luck Googling something then using the copy and paste function to get it into text fields. Just be sure that what you're copying is text and not a pic of some kind.

Oh and FYI I love how you put "As we all know..." hahaha. Yeah I know of the Unicode chart and I've even used it a time or two, but I couldn't tell you one single Unicode code or what one meant if shown to me. I dare say that goes for a good majority as well. Hey thanks for not assuming I'm as uninformed as I am.

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
(I’m reminded of the artist Stanley Spencer meeting Chairman Mao: “I am Stanley Spencer, and, as you know, I come from Cookham.”)

Again not something I'm familiar with. I attempted to look it up but it didn't make any notable quote sites that came up, although the painting of Cookham malt house as the scene of the last supper was mentioned.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
^It would indeed be lost on almost everyone not British, and on nearly all of them. I enjoyed the anecdote though, when I heard it years ago. I heard it on the wireless.

The OP’s phrase “As we know” may be a direct translation from another language, with a subtly different meaning. On several occasions in the forums, I have encountered the phrase “as I know”, which certainly seems translated.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non