Question TV Microphone Issue When Disabling Google App

neder

Nov 25, 2023
Visit site
Greetings community,

I hope this post finds you well. I am currently facing an issue with the microphone on my TV remote, and I'm reaching out for some advice and potential solutions.

Here's the situation: I've discovered that the TV microphone, which is embedded in the remote, stops functioning once I disable the Google app on my TV. While I don't necessarily need the Google app on my TV, I do rely on the microphone for various functions. However, disabling the Google app through ADB on my TV seems to have an unintended consequence of rendering the remote mic inactive.

My concern is about maintaining control over my remote microphone without allowing Google to influence its functionality. Has anyone else encountered a similar situation, and if so, is there a workaround or method to use the TV microphone without enabling the Google app?

I'm particularly interested in exploring open-source apps that might provide a solution to this predicament. Your insights and recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance for your time and assistance.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I agree with fuzzylumpkin. What's the brand and model number of the TV?

The kind of tinkering you're talking about is probably outside the scope of this forum. You may want to post in the forums at XDA-Developers.com as well.