Haptic Feedback weak?

r3gul8or#AC

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
Curious on everyone's haptic feedback. I noticed someone talking about it on another thread. Mine seems really weak to even notice most of the time. Wondering if mine might just be not up to par or if this is normal.

Also, my GPS cant seem to get a lock. The icon in the lower home corner keeps saying searching. Google Maps shows my location but I am assuming its using the WiFi to triangulate?

yapkuen

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
My haptic feedback is super weak. At first I thought it was the tablet creaking until I realized it was supposed to be haptic. I just turned it off since I don't much care for it anyway, but I guess whatever Asus is using to drive the vibration is not very powerful.

yapkuen

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Turns out the vibration motor itself is actually quite good. I installed SwiftKey Tablet X, which lets you fine tune the haptic vibration duration for the keyboard, and cranking it up to 75ms gives what I would usually consider a "normal" level of haptic feedback. The real problem is that the duration is set too low in all of the other Android settings, and there's no way to adjust it from the stock settings.

Reactions: robkurzd

Jonneh

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Turns out the vibration motor itself is actually quite good. I installed SwiftKey Tablet X, which lets you fine tune the haptic vibration duration for the keyboard, and cranking it up to 75ms gives what I would usually consider a "normal" level of haptic feedback. The real problem is that the duration is set too low in all of the other Android settings, and there's no way to adjust it from the stock settings.

Well that's good news, then, sounds like an easy fix from ASUS's side.

rickomatic

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
I can't feel any feedback. Only vibration I ever get is when turning the Prime on, and at notifications. I feel none while typing, like I do with my wife's EVO 3D.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk

Jonneh

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
I like mine too. Though I turned off the haptic feedback on the keyboard I'm using. So I only feel it for notifications and when I turn the prime on/off.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non