Buy Prime or wait for Infinity

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
The extra battery is probably the second biggest reason to buy the dock (after the keyboard itself). The USB seems to work find with wireless mice that I've used, so there's no reason for the trackpad as far as I'm concerned. Generally I've been very impressed with the keyboard, and have taken the prime on several business trips in lieu of a full laptop with no issues.

The GPS dongle looks to be a hideous debacle at this point. I've ordered mine since it's free and will round out the functionality, though I doubt that I will use it often since it precludes using a case.

I keep meaning to get a wireless mouse for it so I can check it out, thanks for the reminder. It does indeed make the track pad unnecessary. But, I dunno that even with a mouse I'd use it all that much. I find the touch screen to be a great medium of interaction. But, I am glad that I can use one if I want.

Agreed, I don't think I'll ever use mine either. I mean, I have a phone that is on me more than my Prime. But, as you stated, its' free, so, I'll get mine.

Kmcferrin

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
I keep meaning to get a wireless mouse for it so I can check it out, thanks for the reminder. It does indeed make the track pad unnecessary. But, I dunno that even with a mouse I'd use it all that much. I find the touch screen to be a great medium of interaction. But, I am glad that I can use one if I want.

I am fairly obsessive about fingerprints and smudges on the screen, so I prefer a mouse (when docked) or a stylus (when not docked). I also use Splashtop and Pocketcloud to remote into PC's back at home when I travel (so I can have my full complement of Windows software with me even when it's not), so using a travel mouse is a huge benefit to me.

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Gotcha, not a concern for me. Can't really notice them anyway unless you are viewing something that is mostly black. I'd rather get the touch screen functionality I paid for, which is one of the biggest benefits over a laptop. But, each to their own.

Very nice, sounds like you are getting your bang for your buck out of your Prime. :D I'll probably get a mouse, although, I dunno if I'll ever use it. But, whatever, I'll throw it in my bag, and, if I don't use it, no big deal. Wireless mice are dirt cheap. Actually, come to think of it, I have a ton of wired USB mice lying around. Might as well toss one of those in my bag to see if I ever use it.

Kmcferrin

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
Gotcha, not a concern for me. Can't really notice them anyway unless you are viewing something that is mostly black. I'd rather get the touch screen functionality I paid for, which is one of the biggest benefits over a laptop. But, each to their own.

I use touch, but I use a stylus instead of my finger (and not usually when docked).

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
I could see the benefit. Especially if you have bigger fingers. Sometimes you have to be really accurate. I actually really like using the touch screen when it's docked. But, If I ever find someone throwing out a device with a stylus, I'll be sure to grab it. Would be nice to have one around just in case.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress