Controller help

NoYankees44

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
What controller are ppl using and how? Do you have to use an app to connect and configure them and if you do what? I have wireless xbox controllers with a cord that can be plugged in that I have not been able to get to work, and also a logitech usb control that won't work either. Are these 2 just not able to work or am I missing something?

I know this has been discussed, but these questions have not been answered that I have seen.

Thanks

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T

Va1ha11a

Troll Headhunter
Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
In ics, ps3 controllers are natively supported. Plug it into the docks USB port, turn on Bluetooth on tablet, go into settings, and pair them. Unplug. You are now connected by Bluetooth.

NoYankees44

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
In ics, ps3 controllers are natively supported. Plug it into the docks USB port, turn on Bluetooth on tablet, go into settings, and pair them. Unplug. You are now connected by Bluetooth.

Only have xbox controllers and not planning on buying a ps3 controller right now lol. I have a wire for xbox controllers, but I have not been able to get it to connect. How are ppl connecting those?

Sent from my ADR6425LVW

NoYankees44

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Here are two threads for more details/history discussed...

XBOX

PS3

Thanks, from that thread it seems like I will need a ms oem usb adapter.

The info on this is so conflicting though. I've read ppl in some threads saying somethings work and in other saying they don't. I have not been able to get anything to work

Sent from my ADR6425LVW

enthuz

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
I use a PS3 controller, because it is the simplest to use. If you are using roms, then just program the controller from within the game if allowed. I haven't played every game with the controller, but the GameLoft games and Madden play good for me.

NoYankees44

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
I use a PS3 controller, because it is the simplest to use. If you are using roms, then just program the controller from within the game if allowed. I haven't played every game with the controller, but the GameLoft games and Madden play good for me.

Well see I am not going to drop money on a ps3 controller that I will never use for anything else. I will get another xbox controller or a proven usb before I do that. That is unless someone will sell me on for 10$ lol

Sent from my ADR6425LVW

Va1ha11a

Troll Headhunter
Jun 4, 2011
Visit site

Unfortunately, some gameloft games like modern combat 3 don't support ps3 controllers

biggbrother2

Sep 14, 2009
Visit site
I haven't been able to get a straight answer on this either. I think the receiver needed for the Xbox 360 controller to work wireless is this one which costs about $22:
Amazon.com: Xbox 360 Wireless Gaming Receiver for Windows: Video Games

Can someone confirm? Otherwise you need to buy a wired Xbox 360 controller, which costs about $33. Connecting the charging cable to an Xbox 360 controller and connecting it to your prime that way WILL NOT WORK for some odd reason. The easiest method is the PS3 controller which costs around $50.

Not to state the obvious, but the primary reason for the complexity is that the PS3 uses Bluetooth to connect to the PS3 console, which makes it easy to pair with the Prime over Bluetooth. The Xbox 360 uses ole' fashion 2.4 GHZ (remember cordless phones?) to connect to the console, so there is no way for it to connect to the Prime wirelessly.

So the most cost effective way for us Xbox owners is to buy the usb receiver. Either way you will need to deal with a wire, weather it's on the receiver or built into the controller. :'(

dr12487

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
For what it's worth, I bought the Gamestop Wireless Bluetooth Tablet controller a while back, and it works pretty well.

I've used it with: Sega Emulator, Game Boy Color Emulator, N64 Emulator, GTA III, and Shadowgun.

I recently got Dead Trigger and can't get the controller to work, and it also won't work with FIFA.

I was like you, OP: have a 360, didn't want to invest in a PS3 remote. Ended up getting a gift card and giving this thing a shot, and it's worked out well so far.

Jonneh

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
I have one of those 360 USB controllers you can use with your PC. I just plug that right into the Prime's USB port and it works magically. yes, it is wired, though.

My main issue has been such a few amount of games supporting gamepads, though...it's really frustrating. Emulators such as Genesis, Super Nintendo, etc, work decently, although I noticed I can't play two player in any of them because, for some reason, the Prime doesn't allow me to set the keyboard keys as the 2nd player's controls! Or, more interestingly, it does - but only allows a couple of buttons. Once done configuring the keyboard for the second player's controls, I end up controlling the second player using my own gamepad, while I also control my own character. Only one or two buttons on the keyboard dock seem to work for the second player - usually whichever key I assign "jump" to.