Jelly Bean Upgrade Issues

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Did any of you having issues do a factory reset after the update? I found that it helped a lot with responsiveness and other quirky issues.

My camera has always worked fine, too.

Xterror

Mar 12, 2010
Visit site
My friend who doesn't follow any tech sites or forums, aka normal user, just called me to tell me that he got the Jelly Bean update on his Transformer Prime and that it sucks. Everything is slow and lags so much. I don't own one, I have a Nexus 7, but I told him that didn't seem right. JB should have made it faster ans smoother, project butter right? lol. I told him I would look into it and let him know what to try. So from reading this I guess step one is to backup and do a factory reset? I would have hoped that was last step. Any other suggestions I should tell him to try first?

Thanks

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
They might want to try and reboot it a couple of times. Mine took at least one boot before it was running correctly.

Thefrenchbigboss

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
Hello... from Paris - FRANCE (sorry for my poor English). I've just posted the same question in another section but this one is more appropriate. Sorry for the trouble. as everybody, I've upgraded my ASUS Transformer Prime TF201 with Jelly Bean (4.1.1) and now I don't know how to unplug properly an USB device, the previous icone (with Ice Cream Sandwich) having disapeared. In addition do you know if it's possible to link a Blackberry with an ASUS Transformer Prime TF201? When I try either via Bloototh and/or via a USB wire the two devices remain unconnected. I will appreciate any help as I am also new to the Android forum. Thks.

Va1ha11a

Troll Headhunter
Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
Don't worry about your english, it's perfectly clear, and I don't speak french, so it's cool that you're fluent in a second language. To remove it from the computer, (at least if you're using windows) click this icon on your pc (I have posted a picture with the icon) and click eject. What do you mean by linking? Bluetooth tethering to share internet connection? I don't have a blackberry, so I can't answer that directly, but according to this website, it can be done. If you mean to move files, you could copy them to a microSD card and move that to the other device, and than copy them there. Or, you could use dropbox or google drive. I'm sorry I can't directly test for you, but as I said, I don't have a blackberry. (Click the picture to make it bigger)
CLick this icon.jpg

Thefrenchbigboss

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
Many thanks Va1ha11a for your quick answer but my question was not so clear because your explanation is not totally adequate ;+))) In fact, I don't use a PC with Windows but an Asus tablet (eeepad Transformer Prime TF201) which uses Andorid Jelly Bean as Operating System. And in this new version, the icon to unplug an USB device has deasapeared ;+(((
The other question was related to the compatibility between Android and Blackberry because when I connect my Blackberry Bold 9000 (an old smartphone) via an USB link the contain of the SD card of the Blackberry is not recognized by the tablet. I think it's due to an OS war ;+))) Many thanks for your help.

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Val, TFBB wants to know how to safely remove a USB device from his Prime, not Windows. I'd try and figure it out, but, I don't generally take my Prime out at home, only work, lol. I'll give it a shot on Monday if no one answers the question. I have yet to put a USB device in my Prime anyway, so, might as well check it out, lol.

Va1ha11a

Troll Headhunter
Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
Many thanks Va1ha11a for your quick answer but my question was not so clear because your explanation is not totally adequate ;+))) In fact, I don't use a PC with Windows but an Asus tablet (eeepad Transformer Prime TF201) which uses Andorid Jelly Bean as Operating System. And in this new version, the icon to unplug an USB device has deasapeared ;+(((
The other question was related to the compatibility between Android and Blackberry because when I connect my Blackberry Bold 9000 (an old smartphone) via an USB link the contain of the SD card of the Blackberry is not recognized by the tablet. I think it's due to an OS war ;+))) Many thanks for your help.

Val, TFBB wants to know how to safely remove a USB device from his Prime, not Windows. I'd try and figure it out, but, I don't generally take my Prime out at home, only work, lol. I'll give it a shot on Monday if no one answers the question. I have yet to put a USB device in my Prime anyway, so, might as well check it out, lol.
OOOOOHHHHHH!!! Sorry Guys. I thought you meant removed the Prime from the computer!!! (Like you had connected the computer to the tablet to transfer files). Yeah, I think the blackberry to prime thing is just because they aren't made to be compatible. Here is a different screenshot (this one should address the issue you are talking about
Screenshot_2012-10-14-16-18-29.png

EDIT: I just realized that if you have more than a few notifications the box shrinks and you can't unmount it. Clear some notifications and the box expands again and the buttons reapper.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2012-10-14-16-18-29.png
    Screenshot_2012-10-14-16-18-29.png
    271.1 KB · Views: 46

Thefrenchbigboss

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
Hello both, Many thanks for your help. It's now perfectly working; in fact the "Open" and "Unmount" buttons were hidden ;+((( I'm not very familiar with this new tablet and I'm not a geek ;+))) It was a pleasure to have this conversation. Take care.

Ninjabel

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Hi all, I've a question but not sure if this forum is an appropriate place to ask.

I am still using ICS on my TF201 and I want to upgrade it to JB. Not only I didn't get a notification that the OS is ready for me to upgrade, when I go to Setting > About Device >Software upgrade, it says there's no upgrade available. Why is that? And is JB stable in TF201? Or should I keep the ICS?

Va1ha11a

Troll Headhunter
Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
JB is better than ICS (faster, more stable, google now), you should definitively upgrade if possible. Have you tried rebooting the tablet and checking again?

Ninjabel

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I certainly did. Btw, I need to correct myself. In fact my current OS is not even ICS, It's Honeycomb (3.2.1)? How can I possibly upgrade from 3.2.1 to 4.1? Thanks to all inputs in advance

Last edited:

frsimpson

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
I think that the roll out of JB has been staged so different area of the world are getting at different times.

If it has not come in as of yet you can always go to the Asus Web site and download it.
Rick

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Android Central Forums

Va1ha11a

Troll Headhunter
Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunately I can't post a link because their site runs off Java rather than using separate links, so it has the url of Asus. com regardless of where in the site you are. But yeah, head to their site and download it manually.
Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Xterror

Mar 12, 2010
Visit site
My buddy's TF201 keeps saying "Failed to download the file" when he hits check update, He wants to update to jelly bean. I don't see the manual download out there. Anyone know of a link to grab a US one. He had downloaded it and I followed the steps to put the .zip in the /sdcard on the tablet, and reboot and it'll automatically see if and do the update but it didnt. Then i did a wipe and forgot to save the .zip before, lol. Any help will be appreciated

Va1ha11a

Troll Headhunter
Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
Go here. Search TF201. Click the prime. Select OS as Android. Click Firmware, than scroll down to "Version V10.4.2.17(US) " (Make sure to get the US version). Click the "Global" button.