Google navigation not working

jwilloz

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
I had the same issue after I first did the 3.2 upgrade. After about 24 hours the issue went away. I am guessing there must have been a change of some type with the satellite data in the new version or something akin to that. All seems well now. Whatever you do don't waste your time contacting Asus tech support. They told me I had to call Google - they hadn't been trained yet.

NickA

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
It's only going to work wth wi-fi. Google Maps will download maps as needed. If you are not near wi-fi, you have no Internet access to download the maps. You can download map areas in advance however. Google will let you store maps in cache, but you have to download each area before moving away from your wi-fi.

baseballfanz

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
It's only going to work wth wi-fi. Google Maps will download maps as needed. If you are not near wi-fi, you have no Internet access to download the maps. You can download map areas in advance however. Google will let you store maps in cache, but you have to download each area before moving away from your wi-fi.
Yes correct. Google Nav has map caching. As long as you start with a wifi connection and calculate your route your navigation will work even after you are out of wifi range. The map tiles needed was download and stored on your device. You can not start a route when not connected to wifi

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

jerrykur

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
If you want a true navigator get a nav app that includes maps and a POI database. That will break the need to have a connection, and give you additional features.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

NickA

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
Turn-by-turn voice navigation -- one of the top reasons for having an Android smartphone. :)

+1 to this. Even though I don't use it that much on my X2 (or the Android phone before that), it's a major factor as to why I stick with Android. And the times I do use it, I don't what I would do it I didn't have it.

damo

#teamandroid
May 25, 2011
Visit site

Has this always been the case with Honeycomb?

TerryB

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
It's the way Google Maps works, nothing to do with Honeycomb.
Based on the fact of the phone based equipment continuous data connection as opposed to the on again off again data of a non-3G tablet.

TerryB