Missing GMail Widget

imager01

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
I'm surprised no one has mentioned the MISSING GMail widget yet. I use it alot and feel lost without it. Apparently this is a problem with the 3.1 update and has affected quite a few users. Over at the XDA forums there are discussions going on however no one has quite figured out how to get it back. Anyone else missing it after the update?

baseballfanz

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
Actually there if a way to get it back, it's posted at xda.

I did not loose my gmail widget so I can't tell you if the process work or not

my3chis

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I might have lost mine but i don't kcnow for sure because i use the mail widget that combines all 3 of my email accounts.

baseballfanz

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
If you have root try this

- Use root explorer to browse to system/app and rename the gmail.apk to gmail.bak
- reboot
- rename the gmail.bak to gmail.apk and it should install just fine.

If not rooted than you can probably do this via ADB

shanesaccount

Jun 19, 2011
Visit site
I just got the HTC sensation, and though there is a Email widget that is great, there *IS* no gmail widget on my phone. It's really annoying, since this is the key widget. My phone is not rooted, and I can't seem to find a gmail widget in the Marketplace... any suggestions here?

baseballfanz

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
I just got the HTC sensation, and though there is a Email widget that is great, there *IS* no gmail widget on my phone. It's really annoying, since this is the key widget. My phone is not rooted, and I can't seem to find a gmail widget in the Marketplace... any suggestions here?
Wrong forum
Try Pure messenger widgets in the market.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty