ASUS MeMO Pad HD7 - Cannot install apk

Scott Hansen2

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site
Hello! I have a rooted Memo Pad HD 7. I did it, and I know just enough to get into trouble. I deleted things I shouldn't have, I guess, like Audio Wizard and others. Now it errors when I try to update the Android version. It says I need asussearchwidget.apk. I downloaded the .apk and .odex files for asussearchwidget and audiowizard, but when I try to install, it tries, then just says App not installed. I have set the security to allow apps from unknown sources. Also, if it matters, I do not have a SD card installed. Any help appreciated!

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site
Hello! I have a rooted Memo Pad HD 7. I did it, and I know just enough to get into trouble. I deleted things I shouldn't have, I guess, like Audio Wizard and others. Now it errors when I try to update the Android version. It says I need asussearchwidget.apk. I downloaded the .apk and .odex files for asussearchwidget and audiowizard, but when I try to install, it tries, then just says App not installed. I have set the security to allow apps from unknown sources. Also, if it matters, I do not have a SD card installed. Any help appreciated!

hello Root user
I have a rooted ASUS MeMO Pad Hd 7 Running on ME173X and I have a similar issue. My tablet says Insufficient storage availible whenever I try to download any apps it really sucks and I'm all with you on trying to fix it. I suggest resetting to factory mode and connect to your computer, download the entire database or your device on your computer and transfer it to your device. it will say this same file is already on the device would you like to override it? click yes and your device should be GREAT!!! Trust me I know what I am doing I am a very experienced code developer.

Scott Hansen2

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site
Hello!
Let's assume I'm a novice.....Android dumb. I just found this site and was asking about what I think you are suggesting. Here is my post:

Hello!
I'm following the thread that shows how to flash the ROM back to the original factory setup.
I'm new af this...very...and I'm having trouble understanding the instructions.
The instructions say:

Download the "Stock Asus Rom-and-bootloader.zip" available in the "Download" Section.
It includes the Asus Vcom Drivers, Flash Tools and the Stock Firmware (Rom, Locked Bootloader, etc)

Tablet MUST BE TURNED OFF, and with full battery
The VCOMM Drivers MUST be installed

Then it has you connect the tablet to a PC. Do I download the .zip file to the PC?
Do I install the VCOMM drivers to the Memo Pad HD 7??

The thread is here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2503668

Down at the bottom, about post 5

Thanks for any help!

Kara Ramos

May 11, 2014
Visit site
Hi. I need some help. I am also using an asus memo pad hd 7.

I can't install any apks anymore. Whenever i try to I can't click the install button.

Can someone help me?
Thank you