Anyone experiencing instability with ICS on the 300?

Alcarnor14

May 19, 2011
Visit site
The only issue i've seen on my 300 is if I let the tablet sleep while a video is paused, the software playing it (Pocket Casts, playing video podcasts) hangs. Sometimes I'll be able to force-close it, sometimes have to reboot the tablet. Might try an app settings backup and do a factory reset, when i'm not feeling lazy. All I need to do to avoid the issue is back out of the screen with the video and it'll come back from sleep and not hang.

rlanza1054

Samsung - SPH-D710
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
The only issue i've seen on my 300 is if I let the tablet sleep while a video is paused, the software playing it (Pocket Casts, playing video podcasts) hangs. Sometimes I'll be able to force-close it, sometimes have to reboot the tablet. Might try an app settings backup and do a factory reset, when i'm not feeling lazy. All I need to do to avoid the issue is back out of the screen with the video and it'll come back from sleep and not hang.

Heheheeeee.... yeah that seems to affect me as well. You do need to allocate a block of time for all these major changes or testing.

My main desktop (which is my media server and runs multiple copies of virtual desktops) never rebooted after a restart last week. I think a bad driver got installed.

I just haven't been in the mood to tackle it yet. I need a couple of hours to spend in one place, not easy for someone that has a touch of ADHD. Can't sit in one place for too long. I make excuses to move, such as: I need to walk the dog! Which is always a good one. And I live alone! LOL!

Rob

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk 2!

TvTechGuru

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
I recieved my TF300 & Dock in the mail on Friday the 25th and haven't had any problems since! Android 4.0 is running very smooth without any lags and I have no complaints! I didn't do any factory reset because everything has been running so smoothly since I first powered it on!

rlanza1054

Samsung - SPH-D710
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
I recieved my TF300 & Dock in the mail on Friday the 25th and haven't had any problems since! Android 4.0 is running very smooth without any lags and I have no complaints! I didn't do any factory reset because everything has been running so smoothly since I first powered it on!

That's terrific. You got one of the perfect ones! Enjoy!

Rob

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk 2!

Reactions: TvTechGuru

Broncho

May 24, 2010
Visit site
The only consistent issue I've had with mine is the Google Calendar Sync doesn't seem to want to work and I keep getting the error that it has stopped working. Other than that it seems to work fine for me.

TvTechGuru

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
The only consistent issue I've had with mine is the Google Calendar Sync doesn't seem to want to work and I keep getting the error that it has stopped working. Other than that it seems to work fine for me.

Wow that's odd. I haven't had any problems with my calendar syncing. I don't know what would cause that as long as you are signed in on your Google account and sync is turned on.

AndroidAmbassador

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
I just got mine yesterday, and so far im loving it! But my main and really annoying complaint is that i cant play the games that i purchased on my HP Touchpad with ICS on my actual android tablet.

TvTechGuru

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
Hmm that doesn't make sense. As long as the games worked on ics it shouldn't matter which brand of tablet they are being run on.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Android Central Forums

Broncho

May 24, 2010
Visit site
Wow that's odd. I haven't had any problems with my calendar syncing. I don't know what would cause that as long as you are signed in on your Google account and sync is turned on.

Yeah, I checked that. The only thing I can think of is that I have a main calendar, a couple that I subscribe to and a couple of other calendars that I created. It seems to be just pulling the first one on the list but I honestly haven't been bothered by it enough to really take a close look. I will soon though.

rlanza1054

Samsung - SPH-D710
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
Thank you. I'm also considering the Acer Iconia Tab A510. It seems pretty comparable to the TF300 and is $50 more but doesn't seem to have the issues the TF300 has. Plus Acer gives you a USB host cable. Hmm decisions.

That's strange, I got a USB cable.

You just need to pull it out of the charger and plug into your computer's USB port?

You did not get the cable that is used for charging? That is the USB cable.

Rob

Rob

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

rlanza1054

Samsung - SPH-D710
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
OK, guys (and gals),

I'm fed up, the lag issues (not responding messages) are driving me crazy.

I'm spending more time clearing caches and rebooting then actually using the thing.

I called Asus and they want me to do a total wipe (different from a factory reset) and if that doesn't fix it they will have me send it in to look at it replace. I'm too over the time to return it for exchange or refund.

Its really making me sick, because I've already invested a lot of money on accessories and apps.

I really should do a video on how bad it is before the wipe. But I only have so much time to put into getting it working.

Asus needs to fix this, I've tried all the recommendations from here and all the other support websites. This should be this bad. My phone (Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch) runs so smoothly, no lag whatsoever. I assumed this TF300T should as good as my phone since it has a quad core CPU, considering my phone is only dual core.

But you guys are reporting your running fine?

OK, I've vented, off to do the wipe.

Rob

ugadawg239

Apr 25, 2012
Visit site
My tablet has major lag issuesvas well. I also contacted asus. I want the tablet without the terrible lag.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Android Central Forums

Habiib

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
I had the same problems you did, but I ended up returning the device. Seeing how it handled games without breaking a sweat there should be no reason why it can't handle simple everyday task. Given the hardware specs...the poor performance is inexcusable.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

TvTechGuru

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
Wow this is really odd that multiple people are having lags like this. Mine has run flawless out of the box with no lag or software issues.

TvTechGuru

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
That's strange, I got a USB cable.

You just need to pull it out of the charger and plug into your computer's USB port?

You did not get the cable that is used for charging? That is the USB cable.

Rob

Rob

Yeah I got the normal charging cable.

ugadawg239

Apr 25, 2012
Visit site
I don't understand why touchscreen will just stop recognizing my touches. Either Asus has major problems manufacturing their products or ICS is equivalent to Windows ME. I don't understand how I can have so many bugs and another person with an equivalent tablet can have no problems at all. I am so frustrated with my experience. I've never had this much trouble with an Apple product. Say what you will about Apple, they make quality products.

Erckul

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
Hi all,

I fixed all the issues by following what I resisted doing at first but should have listened. Because in the end it fixed everything.

When you get the 300, if you've set it up already, just a run a backup, the tool Asus provide is good.

The do the 'factory reset', it will wipe and set your 300 back to original settings, but for some reason it fixes all the lag issue and the forced closing of apps.

I'm not sure what it does and why it work, but it does work and now I have a fantastic first tablet.

And the built-in browser become wicked fast!

Hope this helps!

Rob

PS I got all this from the XDA site.

Thanks for the tip! This fixed my browser issues and everything is working great now.

ugadawg239

Apr 25, 2012
Visit site
Its been a week since asus got my tablet and its still being "fixed". Apparently they need to have a senior technician look at it and that has been about 2 days so maybe they will eventually fix it or maybe i'll never get it back. :'(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samahmed336699