4.2 time!

OperationA7X

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
The camera.
uploadfromtaptalk1362430488552.jpg

Also, as far as I know, in the new launcher, there's no GPS toggle, although that really wouldnt be classified as a bug.

Sent from my HTC Vivid WCX using Android Central Forums

Downtown Taco

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
Updated ASUS task manager... You can now lock apps to keep them running.
yvuge5en.jpg

Multi user...
yququpyd.jpg

Reminder, developer setting are hidden now. To access them, go to settings, about tablet, then tap the build number until you are a developer...
ne6yhuqe.jpg

First bug report... The on screen Android keyboard has a mind of its own...it sometimes enters random characters...

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk HD

OperationA7X

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
All right, found a bug.

When trying to add the ASUS Task Manager widget to the 4.2 launcher, it keeps force closing the whole launcher.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Android Central Forums

OperationA7X

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Also, if you have the keyboard dock, you can no longer enter your PIN code to unlock your tablet with it. Which isn't a bad thing, but I really did like the convienence.

OperationA7X

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Could not upload it on my previous post, so...

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1362435624845.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1362435624845.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 55

Downtown Taco

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
All right, found a bug.

When trying to add the ASUS Task Manager widget to the 4.2 launcher, it keeps force closing the whole launcher.

Not seeing that one over here.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

OperationA7X

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
I messed around with it, it only appears when i try to place it underneath the Weather widget.

05 TypeS DC5

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Wow, this update is awesome. Did anyone notice that cool new look of camera mode? That was pretty sweet even though I don't normally use the camera. The thing that really does it for me is the users ability, that should of been standard out the box.

Oscarillo1

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
I updated last night, and so far good performance on browser is much better now. I am really happy with the update, specially since I was really frustrated because of the browser performance.

chuckr01

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
I am trying to get the update for a shared tablet at the office. It was on 4.2.17.xxxxxx and I updated to 4.2.20.xxxxxx today but it still isn't getting the update. Another co-worker bought another TF300 at the same Office Depot 2 weeks later and got the update yesterday. Is this one hung up in limbo? I have tried the Force Stop on Google Services Framework trick that worked on my Nexus 7 for updates and this hasn't worked. Any ideas?

OperationA7X

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
So, I have yet to fully test out the power, but I have some notes:

-Browser dims when loading pages to save battery (cool!)
-In the new launcher, there is no quick option to change your CPU settings.
-Playing Dead Trigger on the TF300T had less lag.
-When changing the options in Camera/Camcorder, the menu would stall a bit, wouldn't really call it lagging...
-More developer options
-I don't know if it's just me or if I need to test it more, but the ASUS Task Manager, when I lock whatever apps I want running, they somehow get unlocked and cleared out when I click on the clear button.
-Oddly enough today, my tablet was able to use the keyboard dock to log into my launcher, so disregard the last post about it.

So far, that's what I got, but I do have a to-do list:

-Figure out if the Bluetooth bug still persists
-Open other apps
-Enjoy the tablet like crazy and make people jealous of the 4.2 awesomeness.

mightyfacundo

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
I updated last night, and so far good performance on browser is much better now. I am really happy with the update, specially since I was really frustrated because of the browser performance.

I took the plunge after so many good reviews and I'm glad I did. And like you, I'm seeing much better browser performance so far. I prefer the new dock, and I have to give props to Asus for pumping out the updates!

Sent from my ASUS TF5000T.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
So far, 4.2 is running smoothly for me. It might be my imagination, but I think the 4.1 launcher is faster and smoother than the 4.2, so I switched back. I also like the Asus quick settings menu more than the 4.2 one, partly because it's a little harder to swipe down from the top when my tablet is in a case.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

mightyfacundo

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
I just tried to talk to my wife in a video chat using gtalk, and it caused my tablet to reboot. Has anyone else experienced this or tried video chatting on gtalk with success? Thanks.

Sent from my ASUS TF5000T.

Mysterybox

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
I just want to make sure of this before I update my tablet. I can keep the look of the tablet as it is now, even after the update? I dislike the three buttons at bottom center of the page as it is where my thumb tends to rest when I am reading for me, that's an issue.

Also, in some images I've seen, there is a big Google search bar plastered across the top of the screen. Is it a removable widget, or a permanent addition?

if anyone has any answers, I would appreciate your answers.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Right after the update, you'll be asked if you want to change to the 4.2 launcher, which is the one you don't want (it has the center bottom buttons and the big Google search bar). Decline it. As long as you choose to stick with the original 4.1 launcher, I don't think you'll lose your homescreens. If you choose to update to the 4.2 launcher, you will have to set up your homescreens again.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

OperationA7X

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
I've been switching back and forth between the 4.1 and the 4.2 lauchers, without losing my current configuration on either. So it's a nice way to play around with both, but pick your favorite with no reprocussions.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I've been switching back and forth between the 4.1 and the 4.2 lauchers, without losing my current configuration on either. So it's a nice way to play around with both, but pick your favorite with no reprocussions.

Sorry, I should have rephrased--the first time you switch to the 4.2 launcher, you need to start from scratch. But once you've set it up, you can switch back and forth as mentioned above.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

gregchak

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Auto brightness seems to be working much better. It still has the initial of very dark, but then brightens up within a few seconds. Previously it would take several minutes before it would adjust.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress