Infinity issues

njgsx96

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
So far I have had no issues with mine. I think it runs a little warm with heavy use but that is to be expected. I would love the battery to last a little longer but I guess with a fast CPU/GPU, HD resolution and a bright screen, it can only last so long if in constant use. Still, I get about 7 hours of heavy use out of a charge. But these are minor if anything and really more of an observation than an issue. The only issue I have is i cannot put the damn thing down!

BeverageNinja

Sep 8, 2010
Visit site
Out of the box the device was great. But within 10min after messing around with the ips+ display settings I noticed changing with the brightness level on its own. Especially when the brightness is set to its lowest level. But Im confident a update could solve this.

But my main concern is the power button. Once the device is in active for a period of time the button becomes non responsive. Now matter how much I press the button the screen stays black. It may be I got a fluke model but does anyone else have this problem. Im hesitant to return my tablet because I love it so much but if this problem continues I will be forced to.

Do you have the IPS Mode set to Auto? That would cause the brightness of the screen brightness to change on its own. This was the default setting on mine when I first turned it on.

I haven't had any of the issues you described with the power button.

CostaKev

Jul 22, 2012
Visit site
Do you have the IPS Mode set to Auto? That would cause the brightness of the screen brightness to change on its own. This was the default setting on mine when I first turned it on.

I haven't had any of the issues you described with the power button.
Nope. The screen only flickers when set to power saving with ips and auto off. The power button hasn't given me more problems but I have had some random resets

wmurch3

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
Turn on "force gpu rendering" in developer settings, that fixes the Netflix issues.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 2

Thanks for the tip. However, i turned this on and it's still choppy and outright freezes often. I'm sure it's due to the ton of cover art downloading but still this thing shouldn't have a problem with it.

I'm getting more and more frustrated with the lag of this thing as the days go by.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Android Central Forums

Deaj

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Received my keyboard dock today. Delivery of my Infinity 64gb is scheduled for Monday.

Personally I'm not too worried about the reported issues. ASUS seems to resolve known issues quickly. As someone posted earlier in this thread we're early adopters and, as such, should not be surprised to see issues early on. For those expeiencing issues and thinking about sending the Infinity back I would suggest giving ASUS the opportunity to resolve these issues. I expect that most users will be satisfied with this tablet once the issues are ironed out.

I'm currently using a Galaxy Tab 10.1 WiFi and I find Samsung's lack of interest or effort in updates for the Galaxy Tab line (no experiences with their other device, just Galaxy tablets).

I have no real need to swap tablets as the Galaxy Tab 10.1 has worked wonderfully. Rather, I wanted to use the Galaxy Tab to run developer ROMs and not have to about bricking my everyday tablet.

I will update this post once I have had an opportunity to chargethe Infinity and become familiar with the U acquainted

Green_Laser

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
The none responsive screen issue was also on the prime right?
Prime has been resolved if I remember correctly, anyone with a prime or better memory feel free to dial in.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums

bullsfan33

Jul 22, 2012
Visit site
Mine is going back. Not good enough for a top of the line priced tablet. If there's an update that fixes these issues, I'll re-buy and try it then.

Very disappointed.

bullsfan33

Jul 22, 2012
Visit site
What did you find so disappointing? Just curious.

The lag and screen responsiveness/freezeups when performing very basic browsing of the internet, which is 90% of what i use the tablet for. I also did not like the empty wasteland that is the market for android apps that perform in an optimized fashion for this device.

It's a beautiful product but I found myself constantly grabbing for my ipad 2 when I wanted to do something quick, and that's a sign for me to return it.

I actually am willing to entertain the concept that I got a defective unit, so I am exchanging it for another one in hopes that the lag/screen issues aren't as bad, but I'm not hopeful. I really want to like this thing, though.

njgsx96

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
The lag and screen responsiveness/freezeups when performing very basic browsing of the internet, which is 90% of what i use the tablet for. I also did not like the empty wasteland that is the market for android apps that perform in an optimized fashion for this device.

It's a beautiful product but I found myself constantly grabbing for my ipad 2 when I wanted to do something quick, and that's a sign for me to return it.

I actually am willing to entertain the concept that I got a defective unit, so I am exchanging it for another one in hopes that the lag/screen issues aren't as bad, but I'm not hopeful. I really want to like this thing, though.

That sucks you are having a hard time with it but it is cool you are willing to try a different one in hopes yours was defective. I am not sure I could do that, especially if something I found to be the equivalent of ol' reliable (your iPad 2) was next to me. Still, I wish you luck with the new unit and I hope it does work out. You are right, it is a beautiful tablet. personally I have had no real issues at all so I hoe you get the same experience with the new one.

ainfinity

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
I am on the fence with this device and will probably end up returning it before the 30 day window is up. Same issues with response problems and it is getting worse with use, have followed cold reboot and other suggestions to resolve, not my first android device but probably the last tablet.

Green_Laser

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
The none responsive screen issue was also on the prime right?
Prime has been resolved if I remember correctly, anyone with a prime or better memory feel free to dial in.

Anyone have any information on the above?

NoSlow5oh

Jul 27, 2012
Visit site
I feel fortunate after reading all these posts. I've had mine for 5 days and have around 20 hours use not including my wife using it. I have not had a single problem out of it. Not so much as even a single button press miss. Everything is set to factory settings. Network connected immediately and is just as fast as the iPad 3 I had in every way (My home network is 30-40Mbps down, 15 up). I'm used to apple products and just got rid of my 3rd iphone. I'm personally done with apple and can't be happier with this tablet. Only reason I bought the dock was for USB. The buttons look a little small, but I'm used to the island type keys from my XPS laptop. If only it had backlit buttons like the XPS and mac laptops, but then again if only it had (insert everything possible here).

Unibrow

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
Hey everyone,

I just received mine yesterday and have been less than impressed so far. I did a factory reset as soon as I took it out of the box, but it's still quite choppy and gets much worse depending on the app. The worst one for me is the Netflix app. It's almost unusable...at least for me.

I went to settings and put it in performance mode, but haven't noticed much difference. Any ideas? Should I wait for Jellybean or return it now if I'm not quite happy with it?

Not sure if anyone else has answered this question yet for you, but, go into settings (from the home screen) then Developer options and then enable "Force GPU rendering" This isn't so much a problem with the Infinity but is a problem with the Netflix app in general on anything that brings up their Tablet ui. The app will still be laggy, to an extent, while it loads all the images and such but it will feel vastly more usable. Hope that helps.

Rickgsx

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
I think this is an end user issue more so than a tablet issue... I have tried this on two different browsers... The stock browser and Dolphin HD, both with the same results.

When Im on a website and try to do a search using the drop down box.. (search this forum) for example... The box drops down and I am able to select the search box... And... The keyboard on the tablet does pop up for a brief second, then goes away... Not allowing me to type my search criteria.

Any thoughts... Is this a configuration issue on my part...?

eaglejacket98

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
My first post here, I'm in the process of RMA'ing my Infinity because of the nonresponsive screen. It is completely useless. If Asus fixes it before I drop it off at UPS on Friday, I may keep it.

pucrepeap

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Anyone experiencing battery issues? I read on some other forums that battery life was for A LOT of people was all the way down to 5-6 hours with moderate use. Some have said it can be attributed to wifi. I've got my infinity arriving tomorrow, and want to know how widespread this problem is.

njgsx96

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
Rickgsx, same thing here. Tried stock, Chrome and Opera. Wierd. No idea why though.

pucrepeap, if I am on the tablet constantly playing games, I get about 5-6 hours before I am down at 10%. But that is 5-6 solid gaming hours. If I am surfing the web and doing light use, I get closer to 9 hours. I can just squeeze in 2 movies before I need a charge so about 5 hours of HD movies projecting onto a big screen. If I just let it sit idle I get days. So it depends on usage. I think for what this tablet has to offer, that is phenomenal.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38