Infinity issues

Scarab

May 28, 2010
Visit site
My wife has an iPad, but I use the Infinity because I prefer it. For auto correct and spell check w/prediction, buy Swiftkey from the Market. I believe Swiftkey is much better than the iPad keyboard interface on the wifes iPad, but like all of these things, it's a personal preference. I'm using Lookout for Antivirus, and both Chrome, and Firefox for browsers.

To post a new thread, navigate to the Infinity forum you want to post in first. Example: http://forums.androidcentral.com/asus-transformer-pad-infinity-700/ Then find the button Post New Thread.

Green_Laser

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
Yeah same here
I have SwiftKey paid version as well as SwiftKey Flow.
Flow is like swype, except you get the SwiftKey predictions.
Flow and swiping is really nice on the tablet.
Flow is not available in play store. It's still beta, need to d/l from their site, just Google SwiftKey Flow.

I too am using Chrome more, found it to have less hiccups compared to stock browser (for me).

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums

MONDINGO

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
How many of you have the tf700 with the serial number starting with C7O? And have no issues at all? I just returned 1 with C8 because of problems with it. I grab 1 with c7. So far so good no issues at all. The screen is flush no lagging no problem so far. I hope it stays that way.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

idaute

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
How many of you have the tf700 with the serial number starting with C7O? And have no issues at all? I just returned 1 with C8 because of problems with it. I grab 1 with c7. So far so good no issues at all. The screen is flush no lagging no problem so far. I hope it stays that way.

Mondingo,
I have a tf700 (infinity) having a serial number starting with C70. I purchased the tablet from a seller on Ebay. The tablet was used, but it arrived looking like it was in new condition. I have had the tablet for a little over a month, and I have had absolutely no problem with it whatsoever. The screen is flush, with absolutely no separation anywhere. No movement or clicking or other problems of any kind with the screen. The docking keyboard came with my tf700, and I have had no problems at all with the dock either. I have used the tablet and dock extensively since receiving them and I am very pleased with them. I also have a tf201 (prime), and the only problem I have had with it is a very poorly designed or manufactured wall wart charger that quit within several weeks after buying the tf201. I have obtained two aftermarked chargers on Ebay and use the aftermarket chargers with both the tf201 and the tf700. I simply don't trust the Asus charger that came with the tf700 and therefore refuse to use it. Other than distrusting Asus wall warts (in my opinion they are poorly designed in that they heat up excessively and as I said I had one fail), I like both the tf700 and tf201 very much. My wife liked the tf201 and was using it enough that I decided to by the second tablet. I was able to get the tf700 at the same price I paid for the tf201 and thus naturally bought it instead of another tf201. The tf700 has a much better screen because of the better resolution built into that model, and the wifi reception is better than with the tf201 (although we have had no real problem with the tf201 with respect to wifi reception or of any other nature - don't use the GPS and so that is not a problem as far as we are concerned with the tf201). Hope all this helps.

MONDINGO

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
Mondingo,
I have a tf700 (infinity) having a serial number starting with C70. I purchased the tablet from a seller on Ebay. The tablet was used, but it arrived looking like it was in new condition. I have had the tablet for a little over a month, and I have had absolutely no problem with it whatsoever. The screen is flush, with absolutely no separation anywhere. No movement or clicking or other problems of any kind with the screen. The docking keyboard came with my tf700, and I have had no problems at all with the dock either. I have used the tablet and dock extensively since receiving them and I am very pleased with them. I also have a tf201 (prime), and the only problem I have had with it is a very poorly designed or manufactured wall wart charger that quit within several weeks after buying the tf201. I have obtained two aftermarked chargers on Ebay and use the aftermarket chargers with both the tf201 and the tf700. I simply don't trust the Asus charger that came with the tf700 and therefore refuse to use it. Other than distrusting Asus wall warts (in my opinion they are poorly designed in that they heat up excessively and as I said I had one fail), I like both the tf700 and tf201 very much. My wife liked the tf201 and was using it enough that I decided to by the second tablet. I was able to get the tf700 at the same price I paid for the tf201 and thus naturally bought it instead of another tf201. The tf700 has a much better screen because of the better resolution built into that model, and the wifi reception is better than with the tf201 (although we have had no real problem with the tf201 with respect to wifi reception or of any other nature - don't use the GPS and so that is not a problem as far as we are concerned with the tf201). Hope all this helps.

Just wanted to say thank you! The sales rep at tiger direct let me go through all the tf700t they had, and look at all the serial numbers. All of them were C8 which is what I had. I had 2 previously. I was hesitant to get one made earlier, like a C7, where usually the earlier made tablets have more issues. But not in this tablets case. This one runs and feels great. Hope it stays that way for good. Thanks for helping reply. I appreciate it.

stuckhere972

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
The only problem with Lookout is that the free version doesn't cover everything. I had googled what the best Antivirus and Pop Up blocker would be to use and I had downloaded Avast for virus and Airpush for pop ups. I downloaded Lookout just to try it but I know I wont be able to pay for it once the free trail is over.
It's so weird to me that Droid is more like Windows in the sense that it needs all this extra stuff like Antivirus and pop up blockers but with Apple I didn't have to do any of that type of stuff.
So, is the pre-installed browser just Android? The style reminds me of Chrome so is there a better one to use? I use Firefox on my Windows laptop because I don't like Explore. I don't really know what the pluses and minuses are and when you have the whole play store with the same type of things and it's hard to choose if you end up with so many with good ratings.
You know what would be nice? If while using the keyboard it auto corrected, auto capitalized and having the keyboard backlit would also be great for when you still want to type in the dark and not on the pad but oh well.
As far as Swiftkey Flow, I don't want to download outside of the play store just from things I have read. So what does Flow do? Mine already does predictions that pop up above the keyboard.

stuckhere972

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
Well I just opened up swiftkey and I had never set it up but now it won't let me use swype and when its hooked up to the keyboard dock it sometimes has the top bar showing which covers my bottom apps. Not sure what I should do... wait I think I finally fixed it hopefully it stays that way.

Last edited:

Scarab

May 28, 2010
Visit site
I haven't had any issues with Swifkey on any of my Android devices, going all the way back to my original Droid. I've found the product to be one of the most reliable, no problems whatsoever. On the other hand, I don't use a keyboard dock. Be patient, it should work fine, but check their user forums/support site if you have any issues.

SwiftKey - The best-selling Android app of 2012

stuckhere972

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
My Tablet's Serial Number starts with C9
Has anyone had any problems with their tabets that start with that?

And as far as any problems with keyboard docks, any issues with ones that start with CA ?

I had gone through my settings trying to fix something and now it dosen't vibrate with I connect the tablet to the dock and I don;t know how to make it go back to doing that. Any Ideas?

stuckhere972

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
Well, now I'm starting to have small issues and surprised it took this long since I don't have very good luck on things I buy.
Starting to lag and sometimes it doesn't show that I have a new email until I open it and the other day it just crashed on me... I freaked out for a good while there. Was on the browser and it was being so slow and I turned on the Performance Mode to see is that would help and then it just went out and went black but was still on and then I finally got it to restart and then it said it had an update. Also my dock doesn't seem as good as it was when I first got it but I'm sure thats normal but it worries me so much since a warranty can't be bought for the dock too and its a big part of why I liked this tablet. I've also been having trouble with the widgets and icons staying on the screen, for example I'll unlock it and it's on the right page but I have to sometimes hit the home button for everything to show up other than the wallpaper but other times when I turn it back on after it's been turned off the widgets aren't there or some are missing. Does anyone else have this problem or know of a wat to sort of lock the widgets so I won't have to keep adding them back?

Sent from ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Android Central Forums

Last edited:

McKersin

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
My S/N starts with CB0 o_O and aside from that, this thing has been gettting me frustrated...spent 500 on this "super" tablet, and my screen is also unresponsive.....and it is getting worse....I have done the RMA ordeal before with my tf300t and I hated it....It's looking like I am running out of options........(it has my college books in there :-/)

George Krahn

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
Re: Infinity issues(White Screen)

I just got my TF700T 32 G back from the Asus repair center and it has developed the same problem. My "white screen" displays rounded darkened corners too.
A real pain. How did you resolve this? Or did it just go away? I don't want to have to send it back to them again. Kind of expensive shipping cost for a defect in their product.