Infinity going back.

vicnice02

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
I hate to say this since I love Android, but this Infinity is going back to Amazon and is going to be replaced with an Ipad.

When you compare the 2 devices ( Ipad, Infinity),there is no denying that Asus has the better hardware and the better specs and having Android as their OS, just takes the cake. But all that hardware is useless if the tablet doesn't run properly.

My Infinity is very slow. The UI is very clumsy and buggy which causes the tablet to crash frequently or simply slow to a crawl. The best way to describe is, like if you were using an old PC running Windows Vista or something along those lines.

It's so bad that no one in my house will touch it. Just last night, I put up a movie on Netflix on the Ipad and wanted to compare it to the Asus but it took forever to get the movie to work on the Asus. They were both using Netflix but there was a clear difference between the speed that the 2 tablets ran the application.

And not just running Netflix, all the other apps feel slow. Now I'm not saying they don't work, they do work but I expect them to work smoothly and seamlessly which is definitely not happening here.

I was going to wait for Jelly Bean but for what? The tablet should work fine now, I shouldn't have to wait for a newer OS for the tablet to work well. The Ipad runs IOS 5 and it does what it's suppose to do at a very fast and smooth speed. And on top of that, it has never crashed.

It just burns me to admit this but the Ipad runs way better than the Asus tablet and the little bit more money they cost is worth it.

P. S. I was very lucky with the Asus tablet, no light bleed no problems and I also downloaded all the latest software for it. It's just too slow and clumsy and for $500, it's not what I was expecting.

Last edited:

Roboticz

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
cool-story-bro_211710.jpg

wmurch3

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
Starting to feel the same way though i'm willing to wait for jell bean.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

vicnice02

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
You will regret that decision wmurch. Your tablet should work now not when it gets updated to Jelly Bean.

Android 4.1 works very well on my phone. There is no reason why it shouldn't work well on the tablet.

Chinookman

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
You may never have owned a Black Berry Play Book or you would not be complaining about the little issues with this one....LOL>.....why yes I am a soon to be former PB owner thank you for asking.....Ha........

Scarab

May 28, 2010
Visit site
wow, I feel pretty fortunate. I honestly haven't had any issues with mine from the start, seriously, I just love this thing and happy with it The wife's iPad is nice, but it doesn't hold a candle to my Infinity. Maybe you just got a bad one, dunno, but I can understand your frustration either way.

geer_matt@hotmail.com

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
I haven't had any issues at all, some app crashing once in a great while (not very often, actually its rare) but the ipad apps crash all the time too, actually a lot more often than I have noticed on this tablet, and I have a fair comparison since my brother has one and lives with me. Having both tablets in the house (infinity 700 and ipad3) there is no way I would take the ipad over the infinity. I honestly think the only people that would do that after a fair comparison are fan boys.

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Maybe return it for a new one and try the test again. You may have a lame duck. My Transformer Prime runs like silk.

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Android Central Forums

Scarab

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Wow, I forgot about this post. It was last September when I originally commented, so I thought I'd post a follow up. Fortunately my Infinity continues to be a good device. The upgrades have gone well, the physical unit shows no signs of wear or defects, and performance has been very good. I'm very lucky because I'm still happy with my purchase.

With that said, it still pains me to see so many others having issues with their device. As a result of that anxiety, I can't say 100% for sure that I would buy the next model Infinity without doing more research and perhaps waiting a few months after release. All the problems posted kind of took some of the excitement away when I read about so many issues. I've been almost expecting something to go wrong, but nothing has.

Wolfee57

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
I consider myself to be a loyal Android user, but I must say this tablet has taken away some of my reasons to buy another Android device. My phone works flawlessly (Droid Razr-Verizon), but bought this almost a year ago, have tried everything but rooting, and I still have the same problems. What works, works wonderfully, but the lag.... lag.... lag! It really kills my browsing experience, I have had to go back to my laptop several times because it was hung-up halfway between a page. Trying to order anything from my tablet is almost impossible. I use it mostly now for gps directions (Chaplain with a Fire/EMS dept.), it works seamlessly in Gmaps. What makes it even worse is my friend loaned me his ipad. I have never owned anything i, but I must say it was so much smoother than my Infinity, didn't want to give it back. Considering jumping ship!

Green_Laser

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
If you are going to jump ship and sell your infinity, might as well unlock and root first, then see what you think.

There's a thread on xda asking if members would buy infinity again, many if not all who rooted, said yes.
I myself haven't, but will, very soon. My wife's too!

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums

sparksd

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
I consider myself to be a loyal Android user, but I must say this tablet has taken away some of my reasons to buy another Android device. My phone works flawlessly (Droid Razr-Verizon), but bought this almost a year ago, have tried everything but rooting, and I still have the same problems. What works, works wonderfully, but the lag.... lag.... lag! It really kills my browsing experience, I have had to go back to my laptop several times because it was hung-up halfway between a page. Trying to order anything from my tablet is almost impossible. I use it mostly now for gps directions (Chaplain with a Fire/EMS dept.), it works seamlessly in Gmaps. What makes it even worse is my friend loaned me his ipad. I have never owned anything i, but I must say it was so much smoother than my Infinity, didn't want to give it back. Considering jumping ship!

I had given up web browsing on my stock Infinity until I tried the Puffin browser. I have found it to be much faster than any of the others I have tried - Boat, Chrome, Dolphin, Firefox, Opera, and xScope. It is fast, stable, and supports Flash. I have also switched over to it on my S3 and Nexus 7.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apkmodyo