Whenever I press the browser button on the keyboard, the stock browser launches. I can't seem to find a way to set it to launch Chrome. I don't use the stock browser. If there isn't a way to change this, I guess it's a key I'll never use.
    10-29-2012 04:52 AM
    Go to google play store and download Chrome for Android, install it and it will put its icon on your tablet

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Android Central Forums
    10-31-2012 02:09 PM
    I think he has chrome already, and is asking how to get chrome to launch instead of the stock browser when he hits the browser button on the keyboard dock.
    I wish I knew myself.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums
    10-31-2012 06:44 PM
    Yeah, I already have chrome. It comes loaded on the tablet. Thanks though.

10-31-2012 11:43 PM
    After you open the browser click on the settings button ( 4 straight lines ) next to space bar on key board. From there you can click on settings and then change the home page. If you navigate to the Chrome home page or MSN first you can save this as your home page. I take it you don't like the Asus home page.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T
    11-01-2012 11:41 PM
    After you open the browser click on the settings button ( 4 straight lines ) next to space bar on key board. From there you can click on settings and then change the home page. If you navigate to the Chrome home page or MSN first you can save this as your home page. I take it you don't like the Asus home page.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T
    Scrabbleloozer, your efforts in trying to help are appreciated, however they don't apply much to what the OP is trying to do.

In short and to help get a more clear picture of the main question, if you ou look on your keyboard dock, at the very top row, you'll see physical buttons which are for shortcuts to actions on the tablet. Such as the turning wifi on/off, turning bluetooth on/off, turning the docks trackpad on/off etc. And above #7 you'll notice a button which looks like a planet with a ring around it, kids of like saturn. If you hit that button, it will launch the stock browser as a default. The OP (original poster) is asking, how can that be changed, so that when he taps that, chrome will launch instead of the stock browser.

I hope that helps get a better understanding of the main question .

To OP, I find the stock browser a little more useful as I still have flash enabled (yes, even on jelly bean), and helps when going to news based sites. But I'd like to also find out a way to change it so that I can make Opera my default. (No flash on Opera Mini for me, only on my stock browser).

11-02-2012 06:08 AM