ASUS Zenfone 2: Are you getting one?

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Android Central first broke the news of the ASUS Zenfone 2 back at CES in January and since then I'm sure its been a quite a few folks radar screens. How could you not like a product coming from a well known name like ASUS, sporting a 64 bit Intel chip with the first 4 GB of RAM wrapped in a 5+ inch 1080p display and running Lollipop out of the box. Don't forget rumored price for the phone is coming in at a shattering $199 ! !

Just curious of those who are interested and your welcome to sound off in the thread.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Nice specs for sure! I hear there will be 3 to 5 models, so that could get confusing as well as a wide price range.

Posted via Nexus 6!

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
A thread below has three models but two of them have 2GB and 4GB models. Killer specs for sure!

Posted via Nexus 6!
By different models your correct, I'm guessing the lesser spec'd 2GB RAM/720p display model that was mentioned and then probably based on different internal storage specs for the higher end model.. 32/64 GB..

craZDude

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
There are 4 (ish) models, the 5" 720p, the 5.5" 720p with 2 GB, the 5.5" 1080p with 2 GB, and the 5.5" with 4 GB. I'm definitely getting the top Model! Should only be around $300.

Posted via the Android Central App

Bl00dRunzC0ld

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Ordered a 4GB version with 32GB storage off eBay for $375 shipped from Taiwan this morning. Didn't want to wait and there's no telling what US prices are going to be. That $199 price tag is for the lowest model they have available.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Ordered a 4GB version with 32GB storage off eBay for $375 shipped from Taiwan this morning. Didn't want to wait and there's no telling what US prices are going to be. That $199 price tag is for the lowest model they have available.

Nice! What is your current device? When does it arrive from Taiwan?

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Not sure if everyone read the contest on the main page to win one of (15) ZenPhone 2's courtesy of ASUS. They provided AC with (30) phones in total (15) of which went to other AC members. You get the phone for free, and you only need to use it and write up your experiences.

Here's how you can be one of the first 30 people in the U.S. to get an ASUS ZenFone 2! | Android Central

I can't wait for it to arrive and to dive into it. I have not had the oppty to use an ASUS phone yet, have used their Tablets in the past though. I will be doing some gaming on it to really test it out.

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
Not sure if everyone read the contest on the main page to win one of (15) ZenPhone 2's courtesy of ASUS. They provided AC with (30) phones in total (15) of which went to other AC members. You get the phone for free, and you only need to use it and write up your experiences.

Here's how you can be one of the first 30 people in the U.S. to get an ASUS ZenFone 2! | Android Central

I can't wait for it to arrive and to dive into it. I have not had the oppty to use an ASUS phone yet, have used their Tablets in the past though. I will be doing some gaming on it to really test it out.

Yeah, I'm excited about testing this smartphone out.

Bl00dRunzC0ld

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Nice! What is your current device? When does it arrive from Taiwan?

I am currently using a Moto G 2014 until it arrives. I sold an M8, traded a G3, and sold a Note 3, and now have the Zenfone on the way. I don't have a delivery date yet but going off of others that have ordered from the same seller, it should be here within four days.

bigsmooth66

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
Well, I have never done a review of a phone before and I'm not one to type long drawn-out reviews. What I will do is answer questions about the ZE550ML. I have had it for a week and I love it. I'm currently using it on T-Mobile.

Got questions? Ask away!

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Great! Let us know your impressions, especially gaming. I'm really interested to see how the intel atom holds up and how much heat if any it generates!

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Well, I have never done a review of a phone before and I'm not one to type long drawn-out reviews. What I will do is answer questions about the ZE550ML. I have had it for a week and I love it. I'm currently using it on T-Mobile.

Got questions? Ask away!

Another person asked about NFC, it does have it, correct? Also do you do any gaming? Any heat generated? What other phones have you had and how does it compare? Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa