Changing ZenUI for stock Lollipop?

anon(5348756)

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
Hi all,

I'm new here at AndroidCentral, I usually hang out in WindowsCentral as I've had a WP for the past 3 years (well, three WP, actually). I'm switching to Android soon and I'm trying to decide between the Zenfone 2 and the Moto G 3 (waiting for Tuesday's details). I had a Nexus 4 for a few months in 2012 and I really liked stock Android, so I'm a bit worried about ZenUI.

If I end up choosing the Zenfone 2 (it looks like it might have more RAM and better CPU than the MG3), would it be at all possible to make its UI look like stock Android? I don't understand Android launchers/themes/icon-packs very well (we don't have nearly as much variety/freedom in the WP world), but it seems that if I use the Google Now launcher things may look a bit more stock. Is that correct?

Would it be possible to install a stock Android ROM (like CyanogenMod) or is it too much hassle/risk on a new device?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I left my Nexus 4 after a few months because I disliked the Holo UI, but ever since Material Design I've been acking to come back to Android. I'm so glad Google finally found its design chops: where there's tasteful design, that's where I go! :)

Albert Tan888

Jul 1, 2015
Visit site
Hi and welcome to ac, you can have the unofficial cm for zf2 but it's still kinda buggy for a stock Android experience. However the pre installed zenui is not bad. If ur on z551ml 2.3ghz 4gb version then everything is snappy and silky even with 50 apps in background(personally tested it with 8 Gameloft games on). I'f your really eager to have stock experience, you'll have to wait for the official cm release for zf2 which is anytime soon and also Asus is bound to release the 5.1 soon. Either zenui or unofficial cm release the phone specs will give you the best experience. Just my two cents

Posted via the Android Central App

miguel11691

Jul 30, 2015
Visit site
I say get the zenfone 2... but go all out and get the 4gb version... you are never going to want any else after that... I love mine... it runs silky smooth and I don't have to worry about closing apps just to play a game smoothly... I currently have 4 gameloft games running in the background and everything still runs smooth..

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty